Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Descant
Yesterday 10:07 PM
8 Replies, 347 Views
Laconia Planning Director
05-01-2023 05:00 PM
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 05:09 PM
9 Replies, 2,361 Views
Update to Lake Related...
01-16-2024 03:37 PM
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 11:05 AM
156 Replies, 21,178 Views
Huge Commercial Project...
01-30-2024 03:29 PM
Last post by codeman671
Yesterday 10:34 AM
111 Replies, 22,624 Views
HOA Forums
03-26-2024 03:42 PM
Last post by phoenix
Yesterday 10:26 AM
8 Replies, 733 Views
» Made in USA
Rate this Entry

Pooh's Lake Home on Golden Pond

Submit "Pooh's Lake Home on Golden Pond" to Facebook Submit "Pooh's Lake Home on Golden Pond" to Digg Submit "Pooh's Lake Home on Golden Pond" to Google Submit "Pooh's Lake Home on Golden Pond" to Twitter
Posted 12-30-2010 at 11:52 AM by Roy Sanborn

Every now and then, just by chance, you discover something new, special, and unexpected about the Lakes Region. This month, I discovered the Chamberlain-Reynolds Memorial Forest. It is really a special place and I bet most area residents have never ventured there.

I have a home for sale on Dog Cove on Squam Lake and thought I would try to get a picture of the home from the other side of the cove. Another agent was telling me about the trails near Dog Cove that he hikes and how nice they are. So the other day I decided to take off and go for a little hike to check it out. I picked up some info on Squam from the Squam Lakes Association which included a map of the Chamberlain-Reynolds Memorial Forest . This 157 acre forest is owned by the New England Forestry Foundation and managed by the SLA. It is located on College Road in Center Harbor, between Route-25B and Route 3. There are two parking spots with signs indicating where to enter the trails.

There are over four miles of well marked walking trails in this forest and for the most part the terrain is fairly level so you won't break a sweat, particularly in December. I followed the East Fire Road down to Dog Cove, where it turned and parallels the shoreline. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture of my house across the cove, but no matter, there were plenty of things to take pictures of.

The trail wound through the trees, around the rocks, and over makeshift board bridges through wet areas and then veered away from the shore just a bit. On this little stretch of trail, I came upon a simple, yet comfortable lake home that is apparently (according to the sign) owned by Pooh, of Bear fame. The home has natural wood siding and features a wonderful front door that appears to have been custom made. Many well know celebrities have second homes in the Lakes Region where they can relax, take in the beautiful scenery, and have a laid back vacation. I just didn't think I would ever stumble on the residence of such a megastar.

Continuing down the trail I came to the Swamp Walk which takes you across the wetland area just inland from Heron Cove. This elevated boardwalk is really cool and I am sure the area is teaming with wildlife in the summer. It even has a place to sit down and rest about halfway across.

The other end of the board walk puts you on Wister Point Trail which follows the shore line past three campsites and rest room facilities. I would bet these campsites are pretty desirable in the summer months. The point offers some absolutely beautiful views of the lake any time of the year. The trail loops around to several fabulous beaches and another campsite with rest room facilities nearby. There you pick up the West Fire Road trail to take you back to College Road. There are numerous other inland trails that I didn't get a chance to explore, but I am planning on going back soon to talk to Pooh about listing his house. I'll check them out then...

Posted in Real Estate
Share Views 11991 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments