PDA

View Full Version : Ice Diving - 2010

Senter Cove Guy
02-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Dive Winnipesaukee held an Ice Diving class for about 8 students during the weekend of 02/12 - 02/14. Lecture was held on Friday, and certification dives were held at Clark Point near Wolfeboro Bay on Saturday and at The Lady of the Lake on Sunday. The first 4 pictures are at Clark Point and the rest are at The Lady. It was cold but a good time was had by all. Some of the students will be part of a group that will be diving in Antarctica in March. Talk about COLD. Brrrrrrrr.

Diver1111
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Nice clean piks Senter-thank you. Ice diving is unique and not for the claustrophobic. I never had much interest in it but it has its advantages-great visibility as a rule is one of them, as you know. I have a search planned in Mass. for the spring-as soon as the ice is out I'm in because the water-which is often soup-like regarding viz during warm weather, won't be like that when I jump in.

Last winter dive I did was scalloping off Mass. in February a while back-20 knot wind, 33 degree water at 85 feet. So cold the spray from the wind/water formed ice on my gear on deck even though it was salt water.

A great sport all-in-all.

idigtractors
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm not really into scuba diving, but would have thought that someone with a tank on would have been standing by the hole just in case assistance was needed by divers in the water.:)