PDA

View Full Version : Great Apple Picking ??

luvmypups
09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of good places to go for apple picking??? We went to Hollow Hill up in Tamworth last year and it was good but I want to get some big, juicy apples....any where in NH and even Vermont and Maine if it's worth it....thanks!!!

LakesRegionSpirit
09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
We went here Sunday and came back with HUGE Cortland's, great Honey Crisp, and all the Macs you could want. Already made 1 pie. The Richter's are a nice, friendly couple. I also have visited Hackleboro's in Canterbury which is a nice place and Stoneybrook in Gilford, just up the street from me. All have great views in their own way.

meteotrade
09-21-2009, 10:06 AM
In my own quest to find a pick your own orchard, I stumbled across this website- might be of use to some: http://www.pickyourown.org/NH.htm

luvmypups
09-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Went to Smith'sin Belmont on Monday and it was a nice place. We got some good apples, 15 pounds for $10.00.....not bad. The owner's were very nice as well and offered us a ride in the tractor ( we preffered to walk ). They were pleasantly surprised when we told them we were recommended to their place on the forums. Thanks for the suggestion !!! Oh also......they had the biggest pumpkin I have ever seen there !!

AC2717
09-23-2009, 05:26 PM
we like Hackleboro's a lot