PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Police Pursuit While Towing a Boat?

mcdude
08-21-2009, 07:54 AM
see link to video here....

High Speed Police Pursuit While Towing a Boat? (http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/08/21/Boat-topples-ending/1250851325.html#) (courtesy NECN)

I'm not a boat person so luckily I don't have to read through all of these tiresome/contentious threads on boating and the speed limit, however, this caught my eye on NECN this a.m. and I thought you boaters might get a kick out of it. File under "boating and exceeding the speed limit."

<embed pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.necn.com/avp31.swf?`oc:lC1)t~C.&lt;xxp2cgu(kM9V{tlzMm-xdQDRD:~|lt7E/B:-3|},{v!9Kjv/VwyCj`3UucuX&lt;t-IMC $Emr,D{iNh~reMmFHYspBja5j=~Ez^.r!h)Mg(v=T|jO/uBxl`@E#Zp53AE~/p}#(&T#]Sg_z!1=qzb5=Z6apJ}-]ZmM5@yVg7navKt- `:,Ta-pZYL#,uA3U$xz{kjuj9DD,aEsmmU=5NUFsz;g8OO.P)#7-~$9=)96EkEOcXeHE/ni6`,UdTkK_ihI?VX#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="320" height="240"></embed>

(NECN/WFSB: Guilford, Conn.) - It was a high-speed police chase involving a boat, and Connecticut police caught the incident on dash-cam video. Several police officers followed a 32-foot Boston whaler at speeds up to 95 miles an hour into Guilford, Connecticut on Thursday. East Haven police said the boat was stolen from Diamond Marine. Several miles into the pursuit, the suspect began weaving and that was when the boat flipped off the trailer and dragged along Interstate-95. When police caught up, Patrick Holland was arrested.

Diamond Marine had been talking to Holland about buying a boat. He has been a long time customer. But the manager said he had his heart set on a boat that was already sold. Police said Holland backed his pickup truck to the boat, hooked it up and took off.
Diamond Marine called 911, which led to the I-95 pursuit.

robmac
08-21-2009, 08:43 AM
WOW,he really wanted that boat. Or had a really important fishing gig to attend. Can you imagine a vehicle passing you on the interstate doing that speed while towing a 32' boat.

fatlazyless
08-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Just goes to show that Boston Whalers are not all that stabile and unsinkable as they claim.

Towing a Whaler at 95mph while being chased by the police......lol....probably a 'no speed limits' supporter..........lock'n load.......budda-bing! :D

Surely, this high speed chase is the fault of the police.

Must be a gfbl-er who was smart enuf to figure he'd be gett'n better gas mileage going 90 on a trailer than going 90 in the water. This makes SENSE!

On his way to launch at Ames Farm for just twenty bucks!

XCR-700
08-21-2009, 02:37 PM
On his way to launch at Ames Farm for just twenty bucks!

Easy on the AMES Farm thing, I'm still Po'd about that one,,, :(

Sad that some schmuck could screw up such a good thing. They are always friendly and it was great place to take the family to launch a boat for a day trip,,,

:fire::fire::fire:

Rattlesnake Guy
08-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Les is going for a record,

Boston Whalers
No Speed Limit
The Police
Fast Boats
Gas Mileage
Ames Farm

Not bad for 5 lines.
:rolleye1:

codeman671
08-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I'd like to know what he was towing a 32' Outrage with that could move that boat at speeds up to 95mph! That is a large, heavy boat...

I was down at Diamond Marine a month ago looking at a boat. Nice place, nice people...

no-engine
08-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I was driving at 70 on I-93 and passed by p/u trailering a decent size boat.
It was wandering back and forth. Just stupid people with no courtesy or respect out there. Hitch and ball could have let go with that kind of abuse.

Kracken
08-24-2009, 12:03 PM
The news report stated the boat was 175K, I don't think so.

Gearhead
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
He had to go that fast to get it up on plane.

4Fun
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
The news report stated the boat was 175K, I don't think so.

Maybe the guy misunderstood when the salesman said "Steal this boat for $175K"

It would have been a steal anyway... There is a 2009 32 Outrage on Usedboats.com for $219K:eek: