PDA

View Full Version : Adding Web Cam

Eagle's Nest
03-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Dear Winnipesaukee Forum Members,
My family and my wife's family have been part of Winnipesaukee life for decades and are delighted to see so many interesting and passionnate postings on this forum about the Lake. Ice-out does look to be early this year! Yeah! Does anyone one know how to go about adding an additional web cam to those that currently exist? Ever since we established internet access on the island, we've contemplated offering an additional web cam for everyone. The view would probably point up the Broads or towards Long Island from East Bear Island. Would this be of value to anyone else? If so, can any of you currently managing a web cam let us know how you create and post yours?
Thanks
Eagle's Nest

Blue Thunder
03-29-2009, 10:50 AM
You can start here:

http://www.bearcam.qv99.com/cam_info.htm

There is also a webcam section on this site that is full of helpful information.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!

Blue Thunder

Eagle's Nest
03-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Blue Thunder,
Thank You!
EN

eillac@dow
03-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Eagles Nest,

Would love to see the shot point towards Long Island. But either way.... thank you.

Bear Islander
03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
A webcam in that location would be very welcome.

There are several cams that cover the Shep Browns to Black Cat Island area, but none that cover East Bear to Long Island.

hazelnut
03-30-2009, 06:46 PM
A webcam in that location would be very welcome.

There are several cams that cover the Shep Browns to Black Cat Island area, but none that cover East Bear to Long Island.

B.I. I think you left a light on. :D I just clicked on the webcams and I was trying to figure out what the reflection was then I realized we were looking at a sink or something illuminated by a light. ha ha ha.

Bear Islander
03-30-2009, 08:03 PM
And next to the sink you can see the last dishes washed last fall. I guess they must be dry by now.

The 10 watt fluorescent over the sink gives the house that lived in look and allows the pan and tilt cam to look back into the house at night. The problem is the pan and tilt still works but will neither pan nor tilt.

Just a few weeks now!

http://www.bearfeed.com/