PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food Pantry

WinnDixie
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I hope I've done this right... Took me awhile to figure out how to start a thread! I mentioned this in another thread, but it's off that topic, really. I know there are animal lovers on the Forum, and maybe everybody knew this but me...but there is a Pet Food Pantry at the NH Humane Society...providing a place for people who are in need to get food for their pets. Not sure how long it has been up and running, but I am so glad it is! I've wondered about the poor pets in such situations. I checked their web site and they'll take dog and cat kibble; and donations...which is the way lots of us would have to go, based on our distance. I hope there are some of you who'll support this like I'm going to. Check out their web site: www.nhhumane.org/events.php and you'll come right to it. Sorry, I'm too "illiterate" to get this so you can go right from here. The spirit is willing...but!! Well, after previewing this...maybe you can go from here! Good luck. Thank you!!

dpg
03-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah good idea we get so wrapped up in times like these we tend to forget about our furry friends. :( My dog could care less if it's raining, snowing, hot cold, or if things are just going horribly. He's always at the door every day when I get home very excited to see me. He's the BEST! :D

jetskier
03-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi DPG,

I am going to send them a donation this weekend. If figure cash helps most in these times. Our cats trump a lot of people I know. Thank you for your post and reminding us to help out in this horrible economy.

Jetskier:cool:

Chickie
03-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks WinnDixie for posting this information and for donating to the Laconia NHHS, as well. In watching WMUR news this morning, there was a segment about another one being established in Manchester. It seems others may be taking the lead from Laconia and making donated pet food available in other communities. If it can prevent pets from being given up or totally abandoned to roam the streets, it is more than a worthwhile endeavor. For many of us, our animals are part of our families and it would be very difficult to have to give them up due to an economic situation.