PDA

View Full Version : mild temps this weekend and next week

corollaman
03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm glad to see it's finally gonna start warming up around here.I'm so snow weary it's pathetic.I hope to lose most of the snowpack this weekend.The sooner the snow and ice is gone,the sooner the snowmobiles will get replaced with boats,motorcycles,and classic cars.Hopefully the snow will be gone by the end of March,early April.Bring on spring!

Ropetow
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Not so fast....Everything in its season.

chipj29
03-06-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm glad to see it's finally gonna start warming up around here.I'm so snow weary it's pathetic.I hope to lose most of the snowpack this weekend.The sooner the snow and ice is gone,the sooner the snowmobiles will get replaced with boats,motorcycles,and classic cars.Hopefully the snow will be gone by the end of March,early April.Bring on spring!

I wouldn't count on that this year. There are some long range signs that it is going to get cold again...real cold...before we see signs of spring (after this weekend).

hazelnut
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
corollaman,

First of all welcome to the forum, great to have you here. One thing to remember though is that a vast amount of people on this forum enjoy the lakes region and ALL the seasons. There are so many reasons to love winter as well as spring and fall. :D

Another thing to remember, regardless of a warm up or whatever happens this weekend, boating will not even be possible until mid April at the earliest. I would say that most of us would rather have deep snow cover, (Skiing, Snowmobiling, etc.) as long as we can. Ideally if we could flip a switch on April 1st and get rid of the ice and snow we would. Reality is that there is an "in between" period regardless of any little warm ups or rain spells that occur in early March. The in between period means no snow activities and no water activities for a couple of weeks, give or take. So forgive me/us if we do not share your opinion. :rolleye2:

Suggestion, take up skiing or snowmobiling or even snow tubing, it makes the winter FLY BY!!!!!!! :D

Island-Ho
03-06-2009, 01:10 PM
As far as I am concerned there just are not enough days to do the skiing I would like to do. Don't get me wrong, I love summer at the Lake, but this is still winter and we need to enjoy that while it is still here. There can never be too much snow in winter! This one has been pretty good except for the rain.

Lakewinn1
03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
corollaman,

First of all welcome to the forum, great to have you here. One thing to remember though is that a vast amount of people on this forum enjoy the lakes region and ALL the seasons. There are so many reasons to love winter as well as spring and fall. :D

Another thing to remember, regardless of a warm up or whatever happens this weekend, boating will not even be possible until mid April at the earliest. I would say that most of us would rather have deep snow cover, (Skiing, Snowmobiling, etc.) as long as we can. Ideally if we could flip a switch on April 1st and get rid of the ice and snow we would. Reality is that there is an "in between" period regardless of any little warm ups or rain spells that occur in early March. The in between period means no snow activities and no water activities for a couple of weeks, give or take. So forgive me/us if we do not share your opinion. :rolleye2:

Suggestion, take up skiing or snowmobiling or even snow tubing, it makes the winter FLY BY!!!!!!! :D

Well Said :cool::cool:

sum-r breeze
03-06-2009, 11:31 PM
:D:D:D:Dcorollaman,

I think the "In Between" season you speak of is affectionately refered to as MUD SEASON! Bring your hip boots this year, it's gonna be doosie. We had more snow last year and I was still able to uncover the boat during "Marathon Monday" weekend. Once it starts to melt it goes fast.

Wave cuz I'll be wavin back
The Breeze:D

Pineedles
03-08-2009, 11:15 AM
One season I would like to see take a hike is the black fly/mosquito season.:coolsm:

sa meredith
03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Warm temps, and only 68 days until we open camp for summer '09.
Not that I'm counting.....well, maybe a little.