PDA

View Full Version : Post FF Comments

SteveA
09-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Great time, Nice people :)

All the food was wonderful, Burgers and Dogs,Polish Beans, Bean dip,stuffed breads, and OHHHH the Computer Cake from LoveBites was a piece of art. ( Can someone pass me the Pepcid? :rolleye1: ) Veggies and Dips. Plenty of soda and waters..

Thanks to all... (I need a nap!)

Plenty of photos of the Computer Cake.. someone will post them for sure.

DRH
09-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Great time, Nice people :)SteveA pretty much summed it up! It was a terrific ForumFest which raised over $700 for the Loon Preservation Committee from the raffle, which included many excellent donated items.

Many thanks to Argie's Wife for pulling it all together! She did a great job.

Hermit Cover
09-20-2008, 07:40 PM
We who were in attendance were all winners, too. It is always a thrill meeting new friends....all the folks with catchy screen names....and all really great people with real names, too!!

This years edition of the "Forum Fest" was the best yet (imho)...Great to see the old-timers again and wonderful to meet the first-timers...

And the food....more good food than a pot luck social.....YUMMMM!

And, to repeat what SteveA said...The Loon Preservation Committee was the big winner. What a great day this was! Thanks to all that planned, participated, and donated....and bought lotsa tickets for the raffle items.

Let's not forget our Webmaster who makes it possible to have so much fun on this greatest of websites......Don....Thanks for your efforts and talents. Just a thought...without the Forum...today would have been just a fest..

SteveA
09-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Let's not forget our Webmaster who makes it possible to have so much fun on this greatest of websites......Don....Thanks for your efforts and talents. Just a thought...without the Forum...today would have been just a fest..

I could not agree more. Thanks Don. :cheers:

Skipper of the Sea Que
09-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Great time, Nice people :)

All the food was wonderful, Burgers and Dogs,Polish Beans, Bean dip,stuffed breads, and OHHHH the Computer Cake from LoveBites was a piece of art. ( Can someone pass me the Pepcid? :rolleye1: ) Veggies and Dips. Plenty of soda and waters..

Thanks to all... (I need a nap!)

Plenty of photos of the Computer Cake.. someone will post them for sure.

Ditto SteveA. It was great to see everyone at FFV. Thanks to Don - thanks to all who helped make this such a nice day. I also need a long nap.
I enjoyed meeting some of the faces behind the screen names. I did miss a few of the FF regulars though - hope everyone is well. Good food, friends, nice day, lake, we even learned a bit about loons... what more could one ask for (...well I probably could make a list if I had to... :laugh:)

If you can believe it, the cake tasted even better than it looked!!! Very gooood. ... must sleep now - what a great day :)

webmaster
09-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I also had a great time and enjoyed meeting so many members that I haven't met before. The Loon Center was a great choice for this year and the big screened in porch was just right for eating and talking.

Thanks to everyone who brought food and raffle items and helped get everything organized. There was so much great food there but the gem of the day had to be the computer cake that Darcy created for us. I knew she planned to do something special but this was even more than I expected. A special thanks to Love Bites Pastry Shop (http://www.lovebitespastryshop.com) for your amazing creation.

The remainder of the cake traveled back to Boston with me and it has lost several more megabytes since I got home.

Here's Darcy presenting me with the cake:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/15136/medium/compcake.jpg

Some of the raffle items are displayed while Pineedles and SIKSUKR talk about their raffle strategy:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/15136/medium/FFV-01.jpg

Lakegeezer
09-20-2008, 10:15 PM
A time delay video clip of WebCam1 from the ForumFest is up on YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2D1pNMSSc

I'll edit this reply to embed the video clip if someone can tell me how.

{added by Don}

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ER2D1pNMSSc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ER2D1pNMSSc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

It was a great ForumFest, with great people, great food and especially that cake. Who ever lent me their screwdriver set to fix the Webcam, send me a PM and I'll get it back to you. Also, I won the first of Sunset Bob's six beautiful photos but the other five tickets were never pulled. If anyone put a ticket in that cup and wants to share the prize, let me know.

The Eagle
09-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Hi Guys & Gals,
After all these years of "hiding" I finally made it to this years Forum Fest, and met all (well some of) the faces behind the screen names, and had a great time! I should have changed my plans, in years past, to have gone to more. I WILL make the FF, first on my schedule from now on! Thank you everyone who organized it, and on such a short notice. Great food, great prizes, and it was a great walking around the Loon Preservation. Don, it was a pleasure to finally meet you, the "Skipper of the Sea Que," (who's hand help radio saved the Flotilla of Flags) Which by they way, we spoke of having another one, maybe on the 10th anniversary of Sept 11th, and holding it after Labor Day, when the lake is "Quiet.", Island Girl, finally saw me ABOVE the water, and everyone else. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
"The Eagle"

Argie's Wife
09-21-2008, 07:45 AM
The quality of this isn't too great because I compressed it to load/play quickly. If anyone wants a copy, please email me for it. I'd charge you only for shipping. The copy I have is much better but of course, a larger file.

Video is 1min: 20sec. long:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KiUH_3nyl38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KiUH_3nyl38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

twoplustwo
09-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Your hard work was evident, everything was awesome! Sorry I had to raffle and run; between sneaking away from extended family visiting and having to work at 4, my FF08 visit was short, but sweet. You did a wonderful job:)

SIKSUKR
09-22-2008, 07:10 AM
I finally made a FF gathering.Sure glad that I did.It is great to put faces on those crazy user names.Got to meet Misty Blue,Al the Skipper,SteveA,Hermit Cover,Pineneedles,ArgiesWife,The Eagle,SunsetBob,GH AltonBay,Lakegeezer,DRH and Quilt Lady.I think I saw Broadhopper also.I'm sorry if I forgot somebody.The only one I already knew what he looked like was the main man Don.I also saw Bizer and Island girl later on but never introduced myself.IG was busy snapping photos of all the winners.There were a couple of real winning hogs like Hermit and Al.They should have won because it seemed like had 50+ tickets each.Great job AW and everyone else that contributed to this event.

sa meredith
09-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Whoever happened to win the gift card I donated (Tbones/CJ's), please send me a message, and I'll mail it to you right away.
Glad everyone had such a great time.

rrr
09-23-2008, 07:59 AM
It was a great time. Thanks to Argie’s Wife for pulling it all together (she was so organized!) it had begun to look like we weren't going to have a fest this year. And thanks to SteveA for securing the spot, Lakegeezer for the webcam, and Sunset Bob for drawing my ticket… A belated thanks to RG, IG, QL, DRH, Mee-n-Mac, Pepper, SteveA et al for all the hard work they've put into previous fests!

There were lots of friendly faces and plenty of good food. And what a generous group! Some I’ve been anxious to meet and some I was looking forward to seeing again. I even met a fellow alumnus of my alma mater! Several of our regulars didn’t make it and they were really missed RG x 2 (I had been hoping their guests would cancel - although at the end of the fest I was glad they didn’t make it – Celia might have hurt me!), McDude, Mee-n-Mac, Upthesaukee, Skip…

Thanks to Quilt Lady and Hermit Cover for their raffle donations that I got to take home! (HC – love your license plate)

And once again – a huge thanks to Don for bringing us all together.

Argie's Wife
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
RRR - many thanks to you for your help with the raffle. I do appreciate your hard work with taking people's money. :D Also, I do have the nametag supplies and can hold on to them until next year, if that's okay. Thanks again for everything! :)