PDA

View Full Version : Barbershop Quartet

Don
08-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I was in Alton Bay today to take some pictures and look around. I saw these guys singing to a couple and their child and asked if they'd do a song for the Forum. They were happy to perform "Dear Hearts and Gentle People" for me. Enjoy!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8cOoO8T5aeg"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8cOoO8T5aeg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

They were so nice I have to give them a plug. They are "The Village Voices" Barbershop Quartet from the North Shore of Boston featuring John Sketchley at Lead, Wayne Hanson at Tenor, Jack Dowd at Bass and Bob LeJeune at Baritone. They can be reached at 978-921-0098.

GWC...
08-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Tennessee???

Oh, well, it was quite enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing... :)

tis
08-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing Don. I loved it! You just found them singing to a couple and their child? Are they performing here or on vacation?

NHKathy
08-16-2008, 07:48 PM
That was GREAT!
Thanks for sharing!

Waterbaby
08-16-2008, 09:04 PM
That post and video was wonderful, thank you so much! I saved it to a folder called "Happy Things". Gotta admire people singing like that, I've always like "a capella" (sp?). Thanks again!

Skip
08-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Very nice Don.

So glad you are getting to see such neat stuff on your vacation this year!

And as always, thanks for sharing.... :)

DRH
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Those guys are really good! It's great that you could record their song for all of us to enjoy.

Seeker
08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for that Don. Jack Dowd is a friend of mine and has been doing this for quite a number of years.

nj2nh
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I remember seeing a sign in downtown Alton that there was a Barbershop Quartet show at Prospect Mountain HS on Saturday night. Maybe this group was here for that.

Thanks for sharing. Loved it!

nj2nh

vmartino26
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
We've gone to the show in Alton the past three years. A wonderful barbershop evening! It's called Harmony on the Lake, and it's a weekend of barbershop singing in and around the Alton area. It culminates Saturday night with a show at Prospect Mt. High School. The cost was $20 per person. Well worth it if you're into a night of wonderful entertainment. They don't seem to do a lot of advertising about the show for some reason. It's usually held the third weekend in August. If it comes around next year -- and I certainly hope it does -- don't miss it. Quality entertainment at a reasonable price!