PDA

View Full Version : Court gets serious about wetlands issues!

Skip
08-15-2008, 10:26 AM
This gentleman is going to jail for his part in not cooperating after being found violating wetlands statutes!

Story can be read HERE (http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080815/GJNEWS02/183010785/-1/CITIZEN) in today's on-line edition of the Citizen.

VitaBene
08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Interesting.... I wonder if the punishment and inflexibility of the judge had anything to do with this http://archive.citizen.com/2003/january2003/jan_09/lac01.09.03d.asp

twoplustwo
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Who he is and not what he's done seem to have motivated this from day one. Let's change that headline to Court gets serious about HA dude. Oh, and wetlands issues!

wildwoodfam
08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Where in this process does it appear he received anything but a legitimate sentence for his crime. I see nothing relating to his association with Hells Angels having to do with why the judge sentenced him to 45 in the house of correction. Did you both miss the part about his contempt in March - having not paid the fines assessed....I think the 45 days is deserved.

twoplustwo
08-15-2008, 11:46 PM
...and I never said it wasn't deserved. But from the start, this was pursued with a vengeance you don't see when a sugar sand beach appears out of nowhere or droves of cattails turn into a quarter acre of new lawn on property owned by someone who pays $30k+ a year in property taxes. And isn't in the Hell's Angels.:cool:

GWC...
08-16-2008, 12:56 AM
...and I never said it wasn't deserved. But from the start, this was pursued with a vengeance you don't see...
So, wildwoodfam, how much time did the town of Alton spend in jail for filling wetlands, without a permit?

wildwoodfam
08-16-2008, 02:05 PM
So, wildwoodfam, how much time did the town of Alton spend in jail for filling wetlands, without a permit? :confused:

Not sure there is a jail in NH that could accomodate the entire town of Alton.:D

GWC - I did not say anything about holding others accountable or not - only that this punishment for this crime seemed to fit this person. If you wanna dispute whether the Town of Alton got a free pass from the state then you'll have to debate it with someody who knows about that specific issue.;)

That's all for me on this.

BroadHopper
08-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I wish the state gets serious about my neighbor. He was able to pull all kinds if tricks out of a hat to alter the lakefront. It even cause the sand to drift up to my property and cause a dry dock situation. I was denied an extension to my dock. It is useless. Unfortunately for me he was a state legisalature and his construction company does business for the state. I paid far too much money in lawyer fees to find out about 'legislative immunity'.

GWC...
08-16-2008, 05:45 PM
:confused:

Not sure there is a jail in NH that could accomodate the entire town of Alton.:D

GWC - I did not say anything about holding others accountable or not - only that this punishment for this crime seemed to fit this person. If you wanna dispute whether the Town of Alton got a free pass from the state then you'll have to debate it with someody who knows about that specific issue.;)

That's all for me on this.
Here's some interesting reading for a rainy day, to get you up to speed...

http://www.des.state.nh.us/Legal/documents/Administrative%20Orders/2004%20AO%20Docket%20Numbers/Docket%20No.%20AO%20WD%2004-013%20-%20SAU%20No.%2072%20Alton%20School%20District.pdf