PDA

View Full Version : BB gun shooting on Union Ave Laconia

Irish mist
07-31-2008, 01:24 PM
There was a very troubling letter in the Wednesday Laconia Citizen about an attack on a car driving down Union Ave in Laconia with a BB gun. Three shots were fired into the car, and one shot was lodged just under the window, inches away from hitting a baby.

If this letter is true, and the police response is as the letter writer has said.....then this is very troubling. And where is the press on this ? Unless I missed it, the only place I have seen this is in the letter section of the Citizen.

Mr. V
07-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Pshaw!

Back in my day, we young men had BB gun wars.

Never lost an eye, neither.

Back in my day...

SAMIAM
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Troubling is right.......Laconia PD is quick to demand thousands of taxpayer dollars for everything under the sun.....but can't pull the trigger on the low level scumbag thugs that are roaming around Laconia.

Irish mist
08-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Pshaw!

Back in my day, we young men had BB gun wars.

Never lost an eye, neither.

Back in my day...

If you read the letter you would see that the shots just missed hitting a baby's head. The force of the shots would have killed the baby if they hit her since the bb's went into the metal door of the car.

scubajay1153
08-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Especially when one jumps to conclusions. THis is a letter to the editor from a person stating his side of an incident. How can you come on this forum and ask if it's true when none of us (unless RIck posts here) were there?

Secondly within a couple days not only was there a written article/reply by the LPD in the paper but the article states that the LPD higher ups met with the letter writer to discuss things.

SAMIAM you are right, the LPD "constantly", if thats what you call a yearly budget request, asks for more money for training and hiring of more officers, etc. to try and meet the rise of crime and calls for police intervention and assistance. The funny part is a lot of the people who wanted a tax cap (not meaning you) are the same people now bitching that the police (all 4 of them working with calls stacked up) take to long to come and silence the neighbors dog, that the streets are in disprepair and are bumpy and that only 1 firefighter came on a fire truck because everyone else was at two medical emergencies. I'd be curious to see how many PD officers where on the day of said "shooting" and how many calls were going on at the same time.

Finally I love how some guy who lives in M'boro can drive thru Laconia and degrade and insult a whole group of neighborhoods and the people who live in them. Just because a few choose to be torublemakers doesnt mean everyone who lives there is the same. Just because they don't live in a large home in a picturesque community and don't make more then minimum wage or state aid doesn't mean they aren't decent people.

Irish mist
08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Especially when one jumps to conclusions. THis is a letter to the editor from a person stating his side of an incident. How can you come on this forum and ask if it's true when none of us (unless RIck posts here) were there?

Secondly within a couple days not only was there a written article/reply by the LPD in the paper but the article states that the LPD higher ups met with the letter writer to discuss things.

SAMIAM you are right, the LPD "constantly", if thats what you call a yearly budget request, asks for more money for training and hiring of more officers, etc. to try and meet the rise of crime and calls for police intervention and assistance. The funny part is a lot of the people who wanted a tax cap (not meaning you) are the same people now bitching that the police (all 4 of them working with calls stacked up) take to long to come and silence the neighbors dog, that the streets are in disprepair and are bumpy and that only 1 firefighter came on a fire truck because everyone else was at two medical emergencies. I'd be curious to see how many PD officers where on the day of said "shooting" and how many calls were going on at the same time.

Finally I love how some guy who lives in M'boro can drive thru Laconia and degrade and insult a whole group of neighborhoods and the people who live in them. Just because a few choose to be torublemakers doesnt mean everyone who lives there is the same. Just because they don't live in a large home in a picturesque community and don't make more then minimum wage or state aid doesn't mean they aren't decent people.

I made it quite CLEAR that this was a letter to the editor, and I qualified it by saying "if it was true" try and read before you attack next time. If you noticed......I did not even supply a link to the letter because I felt people should "take it with a grain of salt" and check it out for themselves.

Your gripe on how Laconia, and the LPD was shown is with Rick, not me. I commented on the fact that this was a troubling incident, nothing more. And as far as I know, the situation is not resolved as of yet.

scubajay1153
08-02-2008, 03:05 PM
*sigh* Your second post in this very thread sites the letter as gospel and fact concerning "the shots just missing the baby's head" and so on... So anyway....
....and as far as how Laconia and the LPD are portrayed I was very clearly responding to the letter and SAMIAM comments (again I state this ) and not you.

Irish mist
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
*sigh* Your second post in this very thread sites the letter as gospel and fact concerning "the shots just missing the baby's head" and so on... So anyway....
....and as far as how Laconia and the LPD are portrayed I was very clearly responding to the letter and SAMIAM comments (again I state this ) and not you.

Do you understand "context' ? I was responding to the other poster's "pshaw" comment by stating that the letter writer said the child could have been killed, and this was a troubling situatiuon. I did not state this was a FACT that I was positive of. I said" "if you read the letter" to the poster. My first post stands....a post which you butchered because you were so angry with the way Rick talked about Laconia.

cjs
08-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes, I am mainly just a browser here on the forum. I have children that keep us busy. However, from Moultonborough and last August had our shed broken into, they were unable to get anything though because it was harder than they thought to get in. There were break-ins in the neighborhood as per the PD, I tried to start a neighborhood watch and even had the PD's help. The neighbors were not really interested.

Sigh! Instead of everyone arguing, what can we do to make it better? In every town?

Irish mist
08-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes, I am mainly just a browser here on the forum. I have children that keep us busy. However, from Moultonborough and last August had our shed broken into, they were unable to get anything though because it was harder than they thought to get in. There were break-ins in the neighborhood as per the PD, I tried to start a neighborhood watch and even had the PD's help. The neighbors were not really interested.

Sigh! Instead of everyone arguing, what can we do to make it better? In every town?

I agree with you, almost:) It's important to defend your position on a public foum such as this if you feel that a poster is taking what you write out of context like I feel scubajay 1153 has done with me. Your greater point is important, and I'm sorry to hear that your property was broken into.

I don't come out here to argue just for the sake of arguing....it's a waste of time.

cjs
08-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks Irish Mist, for bringing this to my attention, sometimes I miss the news and don't think for a minute that you had any intention to start an argument. Now about that neighborhood watch?

Irish mist
08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks Irish Mist, for bringing this to my attention, sometimes I miss the news and don't think for a minute that you had any intention to start an argument. Now about that neighborhood watch?

There is a lot of petty crime in the Lakes Region, and very little violent crime....so for that I think we can all be thankful. I just don't know if things can ever go back to the way there were in this area, or the USA. It's depressing to hear that your neighbors' are at best indifferent to a crime watch. It really is up to the neighbors' to pick up the slack cause the police just can't be every where.

dpg
08-04-2008, 06:11 AM
"Back in the day" did your BB gun fire at 1,100 feet per second?

Winnipesaukee
08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Crimes like this really upset me.

The culprits should receive at least 20 years. It was their luck that a BB didn't hit that baby. I see no reason why they should have any belonging in society, and hope that our degrading justice system would see that and take swift and harsh action. It is because of these idiots that the public is afraid of guns, and the otherwise responsible gun culture is rather unpopular.

I don't even respond to Mr. V's dimwitted post.