PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Gilford bar

SIKSUKR
07-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Saw this report on WMUR's website.Does anyone know where this Cocomo's bar is?

http://www.wmur.com/news/17035036/detail.html

twoplustwo
07-30-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm not much of a nightclubber, but Google has them at 15 Kimball Road which mapquests to 11B/11C/ and Kimball - looks right for the King's Grant.

kjbathe
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM
...with a sign now saying "The Grant" or the other sign saying "Formerly Cocomo's". I cringe every time I drive by waiting for my daughter to ask, "What's exotic dancing?"

I sometimes marvel at the range of businesses and homes found in the Town of Gilford. A ski area, camping, horseback riding, concert venue, small town village, strip malls, an airport, town dump, route-1-Saugus-worthy-"The Grant", Belknap Mountain, Gilford Glen, Misty Harbor, a State beach, a Town beach, Lowe's, China Buffet and Governor's Island. I think the only thing Gilford is missing is Mini Golf. Ah, hold on -- I think there might even be a small mini golf course at Gunstock.

Talk about variety.

ironhorsetim
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
....I think it was more of a drunken let me shoot at the moon thing cause I'm drunk and you threw me out:eek: as an old shirt used to say
"instant *******, just add alcohol"

SIKSUKR
07-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks guys,I know right where that is now as I use to dance there!Ya right.

Mr. Moyer
07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
This unfortunate incident is the first I've heard of this place. Is this a night club or a strip club? I wasn't aware of any strippies in that area. If this in fact a strip club, I will have to go there and make sure everyone is ok after the shooting. It's been a while since I have donated to any young ladies college funds. I'd love to hear back on the status of this "club". Thanks

SteveA
07-30-2008, 09:30 PM
... route-1-Saugus-worthy-"The Grant", .

I'm offended! :D:D There are not now, or ever have been "strippies" in Saugus.... lot's of other stuff but no "strippies" :confused: Maybe your mistaking Saugus for Peabody. Peabody.. they have the strip joints. :eek:

OK... there is a mini golf course in Saugus. :look:

Saugus Boater and I may need to take you to Santoro's or the Hilltop and get you thinking right. :rolleye1:

Dave R
07-31-2008, 06:12 AM
...with a sign now saying "The Grant" or the other sign saying "Formerly Cocomo's". I cringe every time I drive by waiting for my daughter to ask, "What's exotic dancing?"

The correct answer is: "it's a type of dance recital".

angela4design
07-31-2008, 07:50 AM
It's been a long time since anyone I know has gone there.

It was described to me as "a dive bar", and the dancers (not strippers) nearly had hooves. (Their words, not mine!!) So, despite the convenient location, no one I know goes there - which tells me enough.

I wonder what that guy had to do to actually get 'bounced' out of the club???

twoplustwo
07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
I wonder what that guy had to do to actually get 'bounced' out of the club???

The bartender shut him off and he got pissed off. Seems to me he was shut off a tad too late.:(

Bigstan
07-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Is this still a Mexican restaurant as well, or just a club?