PDA

View Full Version : Great Massage In Meredith

lakesgirl04
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I had the best massage recently in Meredith at CASCADE SPA - which is in the Church Landing building. The spa is small but very attractive and comfortable with top notch services.
For a change from regular Swedish massage I tried the THAI ON THE TABLE - fabulous! It's an 80 minute "clothes on" (yoga pants & t-shirt) treatment which incorporates yoga-like stretching and acupressure. I felt like a million bucks afterwards - loose and relaxed. As I am a runner I often feel tension in my low back and legs - and the yoga stretching felt so great. There is only one therapist there who offers this treatment so it won't be dfficult to find her. Really an effective and different type of massage. For an athletic person it's definitely worth trying. The spa also has his / her streamrooms and you can also use the pool downstairs. Then lunch afterwards upstairs at the Lake House Restaurant - good food there. All in all a perfect day! :)

sa meredith
07-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Can you get a "Happy.... uuummmmmm, never mind.

Disclaimer: This attempt at humor was in no way intended to offend or upset any readers. I believe me cutting it short is enough of a safe guard against any young people who may be reading this forum.
You laughed a little bit, didn't you????

nicole
07-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Can you get a "Happy.... uuummmmmm, never mind.

Disclaimer: This attempt at humor was in no way intended to offend or upset any readers. I believe me cutting it short is enough of a safe guard against any young people who may be reading this forum.
You laughed a little bit, didn't you????

I will admit- I laughed! :laugh::laugh::laugh: Good one!

pm203
07-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I was thinking it, but wouldn't say it. It made me laugh!!

lakesgirl04
07-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Let's just say it was a "happy ending" to a really lovely day!! Nuff said! :rolleye1:

Seriously, the spa is great. Check it out - or at least check out their website. It's under Mill Falls.com.

Waterbaby
07-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I will admit- I laughed! :laugh::laugh::laugh: Good one!

And I'll admit I don't get the joke............. Dunno whether to :laugh: or :emb:, lol

SIKSUKR
07-28-2008, 09:39 AM
And I'll admit I don't get the joke............. Dunno whether to :laugh: or :emb:, lol

Just imagine your most euphoric private moment.

Newbiesaukee
07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Do you mean when the IRS says "we are sorry, we are not auditing you, it is the other Newbiesaukee?"

Waterbaby
07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Just imagine your most euphoric private moment.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :blush::blush: (for the reply, that is......... :D) :blush::blush:

callmeD
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
As a new [therapeutic massage] business owner in Meredith, I didn't think the comment was "funny" - it does nothing to legitimize the therapeutic intent of the session, or the therapist.

It's an ongoing dialogue to educate the public about the health benefits of therapeutic massage without comments like this. The majority of us are well-educated professionals trying to contribute to the health and well being of those seeking alternative ways to address stress-related issues, often dismissed with a prescription by PIPs to make the pain go away ... for now.

Newbiesaukee
09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Therapeutic massage is certainly a valued profession and plays a role in the health care community. Nonetheless, public education sometimes requires a lighter "touch" to be effective. It isn't necessary to be defensive. It also isn't necessary to promote professionalism on the one hand; and on the other seem to demean other professionals such as the PIP who, apparently, in your opinion "often" dismisses stress related symptoms by prescribing a pill. Although there may be some truth in this, it does sound dismissive of the PIP on your part. I am not much on acronyms, but I assume PIP in some way relates to a primary care provider. If I have misinterpreted your comments, I will apologize in advance.

VitaBene
09-13-2008, 05:23 AM
As a new [therapeutic massage] business owner in Meredith, I didn't think the comment was "funny" - it does nothing to legitimize the therapeutic intent of the session, or the therapist.

It's an ongoing dialogue to educate the public about the health benefits of therapeutic massage without comments like this. The majority of us are well-educated professionals trying to contribute to the health and well being of those seeking alternative ways to address stress-related issues, often dismissed with a prescription by PIPs to make the pain go away ... for now.

Don't worry D- I think most of us understand the difference between a massage and a "massage"!

sa meredith
09-13-2008, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=callmeD;81442]As a new [therapeutic massage] business owner in Meredith, I didn't think the comment was "funny" - it does nothing to legitimize the therapeutic intent of the session, or the therapist.

No ill will, or harm intended. Did you read the disclaimer?
Just a small, light hearted comment to maybe give someone a chuckle. And I think it worked.
Sorry you took offense...

callmeD
09-13-2008, 02:57 PM
If I came off a bit defensive, well, I guess I was. When some people hear the word “massage” you can’t imagine the comments and looks – all in the name of a joke (or maybe you can). It’s offensive. I know it was meant to be a joke, but please understand my perspective as a professional trying to separate myself from that "other profession" so often associated with massage. I believe the more educated people become about the work, the less that will happen.

It certainly was not my intention to demean primary care physicians – they are an important part of a patient’s healing process. What I stated were the comments of my clients, and I do not necessarily disagree with them.

Many physicians just don’t have the time their patients need to address the source of their problems and to heal. (I am referring to issues such as neck and should pain, low back pain, pulled hamstrings, headaches, etc., not major illnesses.) The prescription is a way to help patients deal with pain, and that works for some, but for others, it does not.

Many of my clients are athletes, and they don’t want medication – they want constructive information to address the cause of their pain so they can heal and get back into their sport of choice. This may include exercises, diet, stretches, change of equipment, and referrals to other practitioners, etc. Getting and keeping the client healthy is what I try to do for them.