PDA

View Full Version : Money on Winnipesaukee's bottom?

Pineedles
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I read this article in the Hartford Courant this morning. The company is going to recover $700,000.00 of scrap metal.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-salvage0723.artjul23,0,3157339.story

My outboard that I lost in Center Harbor Bay must have weighed at least 50 lbs. Let's see, that's about $5 bucks in scrap metal.

Seriously folks, it could be a case of scrap recovery firms dredging Winnipesaukee for scrap steel! What's in place to stop them?:confused:

Mr. V
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Seriously folks, it could be a case of scrap recovery firms dredging Winnipesaukee for scrap steel! What's in place to stop them?:confused:

The lack of a horde of scrap metal steel, for one thing.

Wreckn1
07-23-2008, 08:23 PM
the price of scrap steel is not that high, what they said in the article. and two no one in their right mind would dredge in lake winni there is not enough down there to make it worth the while. unless there are some massive heavy steel boats, and when i say heavy they need to be at least three ton or so by the time you figure equipment fuel insurance and employees

CaptDan
07-23-2008, 09:31 PM
could they be interested in the old underwater navy test site?

wifi
07-24-2008, 03:25 AM
..... What's in place to stop them?:confused:

Permits, permits, permits....

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/RSA/html/L/482-A/482-A-3.htm

I. (a) No person shall excavate, remove, fill, dredge or construct any structures in or on any bank, flat, marsh, or swamp in and adjacent to any waters of the state without a permit from the department

just for starters...

Pineedles
07-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks Wifi. Trolling around with a magnet would be OK then, I guess?:)

Mee-n-Mac
07-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Wifi. Trolling around with a magnet would be OK then, I guess?:)

I doubt there's that much steel down there that's not rust by now. Granted you might find a few snowmobiles that ran out of gas but I doubt they'd be worth much. If you had that ever elusive aluminum magnet, now there's some potential.

Also I wonder if PETA would file a cease and desist order .... exposing all the poor fish to those "dangerous" EMFs .... gee .... I just don't know .... ;)