PDA

View Full Version : Moultonboro Neck fire

twins
07-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Anyone know what is on fire on the neck around Geneva Point area? Lots of black smoke!

CanisLupusArctos
07-13-2008, 03:07 PM
You can listen live online to Lakes Region Mutual Fire Aid (dispatch center for the whole lakes region.)

They just sent a tanker to the scene and they have a fire command established, so it's a legitimate emergency.

If you have Windows Media Player, just click this link and it should open to Media Player. Otherwise go to www.lrmfa.org.

mms://65.175.148.64:8080/

Lin
07-13-2008, 03:30 PM
my husband's fire page says it was a barn fire on Davis Road with exposures.

TiltonBB
07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I didn't know you could listen in to dispatch over the computer like that.

Is there a similar link to the Marine Patrol on Lake Winnipesaukee?

Thanks

Seeker
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, that's wicked cool, didn't know I could do that.

phoenix
07-13-2008, 06:07 PM
it was one of the lead stories on channel 9 tonight

Meredith Resident
07-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I didn't know you could listen in to dispatch over the computer like that.

Is there a similar link to the Marine Patrol on Lake Winnipesaukee?

Thanks

http://www.rfwiz.com/Frequencies/NewHampshire/NH_Belknap.htm

I have a scanner which picks up all these frequencies. They are about $100, and well worth it! I find the Department of Public Works in Meredith particularly funny to listen to during a snow storm. The police are fun to listen to as well. I believe the Marine Patrol frequency is listed in this link.

Skipper of the Sea Que
07-14-2008, 05:08 AM
http://www.rfwiz.com/Frequencies/NewHampshire/NH_Belknap.htm

I have a scanner which picks up all these frequencies. They are about $100, and well worth it! I find the Department of Public Works in Meredith particularly funny to listen to during a snow storm. The police are fun to listen to as well. I believe the Marine Patrol frequency is listed in this link.

The average scanner will NOT hear the Marine Patrol 2-way radios. The MP use a digital system (APCO-25) which can ONLY be decoded using a scanner with APCO-25 digital capability. There are just a few models that do that.

Plus, the MP is using a REMOTE BASE system. Even if you can decode APCO-25 you will probably hear only the dispatcher. You will only hear the patrol boats if they are close by. The Remote Base has the HQ 2-way high on a hill. It can be heard for some distance. That hill is also where the HQ picks up the patrol boat signals. It's all controlled "remotely" from MP HQ. In other words. If your antenna is not up as high as the MP's remote base antenna, you won't pick up all the signals that they do.

The MP have shifted their 2-way systems around a bit. It was easier to listen when they used a REPEATER in the 800 MHz band. You can hear BOTH sides of the conversation if you can hear a repeater. Their repeater was NOT digital so analog scanners could hear them. I miss all the activity I used to hear on that system.

That's a nice frequency list but I did not notice the Marine Patrol frequencies lister there. It may get added - I believe it's up around 159 MHz but I don't have my list here at home.

You can find listening ports for many areas. Like listening to a scanner in a far off place via Internet. Thanks for the links.

We return you now to our regularly scheduled thread:

SIKSUKR
07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Video: Moultonboro Fire Fighters Forced To Use Water From Lake

65 Firefighters Battle Massive Barn Blaze
Moultonboro Fire Fighters Forced To Use Water From Lake

POSTED: 11:48 pm EDT July 13, 2008
UPDATED: 9:24 am EDT July 14, 2008

MOULTONBORO, N.H. -- Crews battled a large barn fire in Moultonboro Sunday afternoon.

Officials said the structure at 15 Davis Lane caught fire around 2:45 pm. A total of 65 firefighters were called to battle the flames. The building, which was more than 60 feet long, is considered a total loss.

Officials said the barn was used to store tools and equipment, and had fuel tanks inside. There is no word on how the fire started.

Firefighters said they had to scoop up water from Lake Winnipesaukee to fight the flames.

chipj29
07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I saw on WMUR this morning that it was a storage building at Long Island Bridge campground.

wishiwasthere
07-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Here is a pic of smoke from the fire, from where I was staying. At one point you could see the flames above the trees. We watched the trucks filling up at the lake. There were a lot of explosions like propane tanks blowing up. The firefighters did a great job and knocked it down quickly.