PDA

View Full Version : This Forum Rocks/Name that member

hazelnut
07-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Over the past couple of weeks I have had some great experiences out and about that revolved around meeting forum members by chance. Can I tell you what a great conversation starter that is. It's like, you meet someone, oh nice to meet you, yup nice to meet you.... blah blah blah.... So where are you from, yup blah blah blah...... My name is..... Wait are you on the Winni forum, YEAH! Well I'm, such and such on the forum! WHAT?!?!? NO WAY?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS??!?!?! And it all goes on from there.

Well yesterday I had the pleasure of being stuck at the Nasua in a monsoon/hail storm/wrath of god storm with a fellow forum member. After the dust settled and the light show was over I snapped this photo.

Do you know who this is? :)

Anyone else want to share their chance encounters with forum members?

chipj29
07-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Female on a PWC...my guess is Cristen.

hazelnut
07-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Ding ding ding ding ding...... Give that man a prize. What a hoot she was. (I think she's ascared of thunder). :laugh::laugh:

Seriously though it really helped kill the time sharing forum stories and Gumbay Smashes with a fellow forum member.

Good Times!

Cristen
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
It looks like my friend Amanda and I are famous now! What a crazy storm it was......thank god for the Naswa Beach Bar and the killer Gumbay Smashes they served us!! :)

WeirsBeachBoater
07-03-2008, 12:08 PM
She is a sweetheart, but before any single guys on the forum get any ideas. Her Husband Frank is a great guy also. (and BIG) ......LOL

SIKSUKR
07-03-2008, 01:43 PM
She is a sweetheart, but before any single guys on the forum get any ideas. Her Husband Frank is a great guy also. (and BIG) ......LOL

Now why did you have to go and spoil this thread WB? I was just thinking that I own a black Yamaha PWC that looks similar to hers and she likes big guys and I...oh forget it, my girlfriend would have my hide. Just kidding Cristen. Hope to see any of you guys out there. Look for a big blonde guy on a black and silver Yamaha FX cruiser and say hi.

chipj29
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Now why did you have to go and spoil this thread WB?I was just thinking that I own a black Yamaha PWC that looks similar to hers and she likes big guys and I...oh forget it,my girlfriend would have my hide.Just kidding Cristen.Hope to see any of you guys out there.Look for a big blonde guy on a black and silver Yamaha FX cruiser and say hi.
lol
Or Cristen could look for a big blonde guy on a maroon/white Sea Doo GTX. ;)

Of course, my lovely wife would have MY hide!:laugh:

Mee-n-Mac
07-04-2008, 02:55 PM
So an old fat guy on a SeaDoo GTX is kinda out of contention then .... :D

(Prolly all for the good anyway, "Mee" would have my hide, organs and bones)

froggy
07-04-2008, 06:43 PM
BUT that's not Naswa! Proctor's cabins.

sa meredith
05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Very old thread here, but I found it to be the appropriate place for my post concerning the chance meeting of two forum members.
Last night (Tuesday night, 5/26/09) I decided to take a drive to Manchester to watch John Smoltz make his rehab start vs. the Fischer Cats. (For anyone who may not know, Smoltz is a 42 yr old pitcher who is coming off injury/surgery and making a come back within the Red Sox farm system).
So, I leave for the 25 minute drive at 6:15 or so, and arrive to a traffic nightmare. People and cars filling the streets everywhere. The stadium seats 7400, and 8900 people showed up. They sold SRO to 1500 or so people.
And it was complete confusion. I don't think that the police or stadium officials were expecting the crowd to be quite that big, and noone seemed to kown what to do with all the people/cars.
It the middle of the mayhem, I drive past a lot at 55 S. Commercial street, and think, "hey, that rings a bell." It is owned by forum member "Siksukr" . He has mentioned it before on the forum, and actaully gave free passes as FF raffle items. So, even thought there is a sign clearly displayed at the entrance that reads, "LOT FULL. SEASON PASS HOLDERS ONLY!", I figure, what the heck. Let's give it a bid.
There are many cars entering the lot at the time, and they all belong there, except me. A woman jumps in front of my car, waving her arms, saying, "No no no! We're full!" So, I lower my window and say "do you happen to have a spot for a friend of the Winni Forum?", and the question catches her a bit off guard, and she replies, "I gotta tell ya, that's a new one, and I've heard them all". Anyway, she calls over to a tall, blond gentleman (Siksukr) who jogs over to see what's up, as I am now jamming up the smooth running of the lot. He (Siksukr) makes a face, sort of like "wow, that's pretty funny, but I just don't have time for this right now" and scratches his head for a second. He then proceeds to actaully run over, and jump in the car with me...and I've never met the man. He gives a me a firm hand shake, asks who I am, and says "Yeah! I got a spot for you. Turn right, and.....etc etc" He stays with me in the car, until I am parked in the one spot that is not spoken for. And, again, other than playful banter and an occasional PM on this forum, I have never met this guy. But, upon learning of the Winni Forum connection, he welcomes me with open arms. Too cool.
Just felt compelled to share this story. I was in the park and had a beer before Smolz ever thru a pitch.....and it never would have worked out that way if not for Siksukr. I would not have found a parking spot until the 2nd inning or so...
Membership has it's privileges.

hazelnut
05-27-2009, 06:38 PM
WAY COOL!:coolsm:
SIKSUKR way to help out a forum member.

I've met so many others during chance meetings or friends of friends since I started this thread. This winter brought more chance meetings through snowmobiling and stuff. :)

Argie's Wife
05-27-2009, 07:27 PM
sa meredith - Argie was at that game with our oldest son (7 yrs old) and they were parked in that same lot! :D Argie says siksukr took good care of them! :)

I don't care what anyone says about this forum - you'll meet some of the nicest folks here!

SIKSUKR
05-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Ahh shucks!:rolleye2: You are too kind SA. Thanks for the nice comments. Always like to help forum members if possible with the exception of only a few.:laugh: Nice meeting you and putting one more face to an avatar.
AW, I must admit that it was more about timing as to where I parked your family. They were as close as you can get though!