PDA

View Full Version : Gilford laundromat

ghfromaltonbay
06-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Just wondering if the new laundromat near Patrick's Pub has opened. It looked like work was being done there last week. Anyone heard??

Meredith lady
06-23-2008, 10:01 PM
doubtful-that entire plaza is like never-never land. Stores come and go and it is a driving nightmare

Airwaves
06-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I was in the area Bike Week and had to drive to Belmont to wash our big blankets etc. I didn't see a laundromat in the Patrick's Plaza or I wouldn't have driven to Belmont.

pamsy30
06-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I read in another post the Alton laundromat was closed and this one in Gilford was available, but I guess not! We'll be there in a week, does anyone know if the Alton one is reopened and if not, know of any others? We'll be in Alton Bay so the Alton one was convenient...

Airwaves
06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
The only two that I am aware of is at Weirs Beach, I think it's called Endicott Laundromat...it's across the street from the post office. The other is in Belmont across the street from Home Beautiful. If you get a chance check out the site in Gilford and let us know if it's opened or if there are signs that work is happening?
Thanks
AW

Island Life
06-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I was in that parking lot yesterday (visiting the Wineing Butcher) and saw the sign for the laundromat. I didn't drive over to see if it was open yet, sorry, but was pleased to see that a laundromat was going in.

dva
07-02-2008, 05:20 AM
The laundry at Patricks Plaza is NOW OPEN. We hope everyone will stop by on there way to one of the other stores in the mall and take a look. We will have a wash,dry,fold service so check it out.

ghfromaltonbay
07-02-2008, 09:30 AM
The laundry at Patricks Plaza is NOW OPEN. We hope everyone will stop by on there way to one of the other stores in the mall and take a look. We will have a wash,dry,fold service so check it out.

My mother and neighbor stopped there yesterday morning (7/1), but unfortunately it wasn't open yet. They went into Laconia and used the laundromat on Union Ave. across from Irwin's. Having to drive 17 miles to do laundry is ridiculous! I wish someone with entrepreneurial spirit would open one a little closer to Alton.

Right now the closest one to Alton Bay is on Center St. in Wolfeboro. It is open 24 hours a day. Depending on where you are in Alton I guess Gilford or Wolfeboro are your best choices for now.

pamsy30
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
great news about the Gilford laundromat...there's a defnite plus in having one right next to a pub!

ghfromaltonbay
07-03-2008, 11:09 AM
DVA,

I was curious as I see you are located in Alton. What prompted the opening of a laundromat in Gilford vs. Alton? Also, what type of requirements are there as far as septic, etc. for opening a laundromat?

Sure wish you had a site closer to home.

BroadHopper
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
There was a laundromat at lake Shore Park several years ago. Is that gone?

dva
07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
As for why we opened in Gilford, it was location, location, location. Nothing else in the area. I live just over the line in Alton and it's about 5 miles from home. The Patrick's mall has a lot of other businesses which give the customers things to do while they wait. Also, the State Liquor Store is moving to where the Sears store used to be. The wash, dry, fold business is now open in the laundromat and will save time for busy vacationers. We put in all high speed washers and high efficiency dryers. Please come by and check us out.

ghfromaltonbay
07-04-2008, 07:16 PM
The wash, dry, fold business is now open in the laundromat and will save time for busy vacationers. We put in all high speed washers and high efficiency dryers. Please come by and check us out.

Thanks for the info - what are your hours? Did you need special septic arrangements?

nj2nh
07-05-2008, 01:55 PM
I did a google search for laundromats in the Winnipesaukee area. None on the east side of the lake! Click here for the results. Can't guarantee this will work.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GWYB,GWYB:2006-05,GWYB:en&um=1&q=laundromat&near=Winnipesaukee,+Moultonborough,+NH&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

nj2nh

dva
07-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Patricks place laundry is open 730 am to 1130 pm,7 days. Wash dry fold attendant is on duty 730 to 1030 and 430 to 630 every day. We are on town sewer and well water.

ghfromaltonbay
07-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I did a google search for laundromats in the Winnipesaukee area. None on the east side of the lake!

nj2nh

nj2nh,

Don't know why it isn't listed in google, but there definitely is a laundromat on Center St. which is open 24 hours. Some of the Sandy Point people have been going there since the Gilford location only opened this week. It is located just past the old DeVylder's location on the left heading toward Ossipee and would be closer for you than Gilford. Just wondered if you have your own washer/dryer at Echo Pt. We usually do only the wash and then bring it back and use the "solar dryer". Saves a lot of quarters!

nj2nh
07-06-2008, 03:46 PM
We do have a washer/dryer at the house on Echo Point. It was there when my parents bought the place - only cold, though, but it sure beats having nothing since visitors are required to wash the sheets and remake the beds for the next arrivals.

When I was a kid, we used to bring the sheets up when we came, schlep them home again, wash them and hand them off to the next visitors. This system is so much better.

nj2nh

ghfromaltonbay
07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
As for why we opened in Gilford, it was location, location, location. The wash, dry, fold business is now open in the laundromat and will save time for busy vacationers. We put in all high speed washers and high efficiency dryers. Please come by and check us out.

DVA,

My folks tried the new laundry on Tuesday morning and were very pleased. They said they enjoyed speaking with you (they're the ones from NJ staying at Sandy Point) and Dad took a flyer to post in the office at the Point. The washers were super fast (20 min.) and most of the wash dried on the first cycle. The washers are super-size -- they could have fit both baskets in 1 machine, but they didn't want to mix the whites with the colors. They said they would be back!

dva
07-10-2008, 05:31 AM
DVA,

My folks tried the new laundry on Tuesday morning and were very pleased. They said they enjoyed speaking with you (they're the ones from NJ staying at Sandy Point) and Dad took a flyer to post in the office at the Point. The washers were super fast (20 min.) and most of the wash dried on the first cycle. The washers are super-size -- they could have fit both baskets in 1 machine, but they didn't want to mix the whites with the colors. They said they would be back!

We would welcome any comments good and bad so we can adjust things at the laundry. Again THANKS