PDA

View Full Version : Butcher/Fresh Fish Near Meredith?

Parker21
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Where is the best place to find quality fish and meat in/around Meredith? Went to Star Market last year, which was ok at best. Thx

SAMIAM
06-20-2008, 09:34 AM
E.M.Heath ,just up the street in Center Harbor is a great store.Excellent meats and at least 30% CHEAPER than Star.Small seafood selection,but nice and fresh.steamers,salmon,haddock and tuna always available.

wifi
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Anyone know if the "whining butcher" :) behind the Blue Canoe in Meredith is open yet ?

hilltopper
06-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Definitely not open. I'm not sure that rumor was ever substantiated.

Resident 2B
06-20-2008, 12:13 PM
When I was in the Wineing Butcher Shop about ten days ago, the person behind the main counter was telling another customer that they were going to open a second store in Meredith, soon. I did not get any details. From that conversation, I believe they are, in fact, coming to Meredith.

These are great folks and I wish them well.

R2B

hilltopper
06-20-2008, 12:38 PM
When I was in the Wineing Butcher Shop about ten days ago, the person behind the main counter was telling another customer that they were going to open a second store in Meredith, soon. I did not get any details. From that conversation, I believe they are, in fact, coming to Meredith.

These are great folks and I wish them well.

R2B

Ahhhh, a Wine'ing Butcher 5 minutes from home. Life is good! Thanks for the update.

steadyon
06-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi,
Whining butcher is very good, not much for fish though.

Moulton farm in meredith has fresh fish from Boston every Fri and Sat
maybe thurs. also. It is a little steep but fresh

Newbiesaukee
06-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Although not yet open, there is a sign for the Whining Butcher on a building behind the Irving/Blue Canoe site on Rt 25 in Meredith.

Heaths in Center Harbor has enlarged its sea food department. Although still small, what they carry is of good quality.

Cristen
06-23-2008, 11:28 AM
You can get fresh fish every Friday at the Meredith Mobil gas station on Route 25. Some guy drives down from the seacoast with his refrigerated truck and parks it at Mobil. I know it might sound sketchy, but my Mom buys seafood from him regularly and it's excellent!

donnamatrix
06-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Also, on Friday's at Moulton Farm there is terrific fresh fish available. John Moulton has persuaded one of the larger fish mongers from the Boston Fish Pier to sell fish in the market at the farm. The fish is awesome, very fresh

EricP
06-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Meredith Center store is pretty good. Head out 104 and turn left onto Corliss Hill Road and about a mile down there's a stop sign and it's on the right.

Sunrise Point
06-23-2008, 02:41 PM
If you are looking for a quality butcher counter, try Barry and Dianna's Meredith Country Store located in Meredith Center, at the intersection of Meredith Center Road, Livingston Rd. and Corliss Hill Rd. The meat is excellent and prices very reasonable. We go there for all "special occasion" meat. His stuffed pork chops are the best I ever had.

He does not have seafood.

moose tracks
06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
If you are looking for a quality butcher counter, try Barry and Dianna's Meredith Country Store located in Meredith Center.

I agree with Sunrise, the meats at the Meredith Country Store are very good. I tried their tips last summer and they were very good. They were just as good as the ones we get at the Wineing Butcher. We really like their slab bacon too.

Long Island Baba
06-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Correction on the fish info.
Moulton Farm has fish brought up from the Boston Pier and available for sale on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 10-2pm at the Farm in Meredith. The family who catches it actually is at the Farm selling it and can answer any questions, etc. It's quite an education if you're interested. It is absolutely the best fish you will ever have. All my friends who go swear to its freshness and flavor. You are then spoiled and cannot buy anywhere else, really. Restaurants and other stores do not compare - you can't eat that stuff anymore.
Check the Meredith News for info on what may be on sale each week or call the Farm. You can also call and order ahead and it will be waiting for you. Fish comes up each Wednesday night and Friday night. Can't beat it.
By the way, the Farm is picking their own spinach and salad greens. Lunch last Saturday: salad, haddock and spinach as fresh as can be....life is good!

Parker21
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Thank you all for the responses.