PDA

View Full Version : Townsend's Grocery, Moultonboro

TiltonBB
06-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Monday I stopped in to Townsends Grocery on Route 25 in Moultonboro for gas and went inside to use the ATM.

The new owners have done a great job. It is clean and bright and very well stocked. They have a lot of meats and a full deli. I got a chicken salad sub that was excellent. I hope they do well, it's an easy place to stop, and it is nice to have these smaller places around the lake.

twoplustwo
06-04-2008, 08:19 AM
They did a nice job cleaning that place up. The sandwiches are really good, the prices aren't bad at all considering it's a convenience store, and they have an impressive selection of stuff.

Pepper
06-04-2008, 08:33 AM
At the risk of sounding really stupid, I have to ask ...

Where on Route 25 is Townsend's Grocery ? :o

Dave M
06-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Pepper, if your heading on Rt25 East, its on the left just on a slight decline before entering Moultonborough. It still a Mobil gas station. Don't remember exactly but I think the store is shaped like a barn. They are open from 5am-10pm.

Dave M

dpg
06-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Used to be Moultonborough Emphorium

twoplustwo
06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
if your heading on Rt25 East, its on the left just on a slight decline before entering Moultonborough

You enter Moultonborough right after the double lights in Center Harbor. It's on the other end of the MBoro stretch of 25, right after The Lacewood Group's offices and before the MVSB and the MBoro Post Office.

GWC...
06-04-2008, 05:24 PM
At the risk of sounding really stupid, I have to ask ...

Where on Route 25 is Townsend's Grocery ? :o
This is Google's version:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Townsends+Grocery,+967+Whittier+Hwy,+moultonboro ugh,+nh&sll=43.748653,-71.399975&sspn=0.036829,0.076218&ie=UTF8&ll=43.752838,-71.397614&spn=0.009207,0.019054&z=15

dpg
06-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Do you know where the general store is? Everyone knows where the general store is! Same side of the road right down the street. :D

Lakesrider
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I have to ask...Unless you were completely empty on gas, why would you buy at the highest priced station in miles? That place has always been the highest priced around. Never understood why people buy gas there when just a mile down the road it is .10 cheaper. Just an observation...

TiltonBB
06-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Company car, Company credit card, Gas is free to me. Great country America!

Besides, I wanted to use the ATM and pick up some cash! And I am glad I did because now I found out where I can get a great sandwich.

Aren't you glad you asked? So now you know.

Pepper
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Do you know where the general store is? Everyone knows where the general store is! Same side of the road right down the street. :D

Ah! Now I know exactly where! Thanks!

I never would have guessed it was a grocery/deli type setup. Probably because when I drive through that area I'm so worried about speeding that I pay too much attention to the dashboard, and not enough to what's around me! :eek:

I'll have to make a point of stopping in next time I drive through that way - that is if I can tear myself away from the cheese wheel at the General Store!

wifi
06-06-2008, 03:09 AM
.....Probably because when I drive through that area I'm so worried about speeding that I pay too much attention to the dashboard, and not enough to what's around me! :eek: ....

Welcome to Moultonboro, where there is more radar in use than in the rest of the state combined

...Never understood why people buy gas there when just a mile down the road it is .10 cheaper...

It seems the non-ethanol stations are .05-.10 more expensive

dpg
06-06-2008, 05:40 AM

Besides, I wanted to use the ATM and pick up some cash! And I am glad I did because now I found out where I can get a great sandwich.

Your obviously not the company accountant! :laugh:

rander7823
06-06-2008, 07:59 AM

The higher gas price you pay the less profit your company makes and the lower your next raise might be or the higher your products prices will be and the less you will sell.
What goes around comes around.

TiltonBB
06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
My company grosses in the hundreds of millions per year. My time is more valuable doing my job and being content than shopping for price and worrying if I spent $3.00 too much on gas. (Think: .20 higher on 15 gallons is only $3.00) The company would probably be happy that I got a good sandwich, put a few bucks in my pocket from the ATM, and continued my workday.

Besides, I already get a great salary. If they paid me any more I would feel guilty!

wildwoodfam
06-10-2008, 06:52 PM
how a thread can go from a complimentary entry on a new shopping market and deteriorate into some one expressing their (unsolicited) opinion about how a person spends company money! Sometimes you just have to laugh reading these threads!! :laugh:

TiltonBB
06-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I did laugh, and then laughed again!

Townsend's is a great new (old) store and I have now stopped there several times. They still have great sandwiches. (I even bought gas two more times, there goes my next raise!)

We need to support the smaller local merchants around the lake. They are our neighbors and friends. The chain stores will do just fine on their own. Without all of the small stores and restaurants this would be an entirely different place to live or vacation.

Lakesrider
06-12-2008, 07:38 AM
to TiltonBB. After reading my own reply I have to say it was rather course.
I also apologize to the store. I guess seeing the prices of gas going up just gets to me. I realize the store is not making much profit on thier gas, and there is only one way for them to continue to be able to sell fuel, and that is to make thier price worth their while. If it wasn't they would simply close thier pumps up. This would take away a source for people who like it in that location.

So....please accept my apology. I'll try to be less judicial next time.
Thanks.

rander7823
06-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I happend to work for a very succesful apparel company, Starter Sportwear, that had sales reps that thought very much the same way. It was a great company that made a great product. Did close to $400MM in sales a year. They filed bankruptcy a few years ago….it was sad to see them fold.

I guess your comment just hit a little close to home

2Blackdogs
06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Welcome to Moultonboro, where there is more radar in use than in the rest of the state combined It seems the non-ethanol stations are .05-.10 more expensive
One reason? Non-ethanol returns better gas mileage than ethanol.

Moultonborough watches the streets better because there are two tike-schools directly across the street from each other. I'm with Moultonborough on radar.

Native1951
06-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Monday I stopped in to Townsends Grocery on Route 25 in Moultonboro for gas and went inside to use the ATM.

The new owners have done a great job. It is clean and bright and very well stocked. They have a lot of meats and a full deli. I got a chicken salad sub that was excellent. I hope they do well, it's an easy place to stop, and it is nice to have these smaller places around the lake.

Finally a supermarket nearby! I've stopped several times and done my grocery shopping. They accept coupons!! They have weekly sales and meat specials. I heard they plan to expand into the next building and hope to offer bulk goods and a drugstore. That may be a year or so down the road. Atmosphere reminds me of Ellens Store. Hmmm That was a long time ago.

Dave M
06-20-2008, 05:25 AM
If I'm reading the posts correctly its implied that Hometown Grocery sells non-ethanol gas due to being more expensive,etc. They do not. I was in Saturday and was going to fill up a couple of containers for my boat and noticed the sign on the pumps. Their regular is expensive but the 89 octane($4.22) is within a cent compared to the Mobil & Citgo towards Center Harbor. Irving in Center Harbor always beats them all, $4.13 for 89 octane and its non-ethanol and 0.62 cheaper than the Trexler's Marina.

Dave M

Native1951
07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Finally a supermarket nearby! I've stopped several times and done my grocery shopping. They accept coupons!! They have weekly sales and meat specials. I heard they plan to expand into the next building and hope to offer bulk goods and a drugstore. That may be a year or so down the road. Atmosphere reminds me of Ellens Store. Hmmm That was a long time ago.

This 4th of July weekend is a grand opening at Townsend's. Free pizza bites, wine tasting, grilling and a band!!