PDA

View Full Version : Modular???

dpg
05-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Drove by Funspot Sunday and on the Dakota Leather side got a quick look at a home that looked like it's going to be a modular home site. From the quick look I got the home on the spot looked quite attractive. Does anybody know about it and the company? Thanks..

topwater
05-27-2008, 11:17 AM
That is the MODEL home for the developement that is going in across from Cumberland farms store in the Weirs. I believe its open to the public or it was last weekend, with all the information about thier developement. Hope this helps, Its called Paugus Bay something or rather!

Weirs guy
05-27-2008, 11:38 AM
They had a newish sign up the other day, something about homes in the area in the $199K - $299K range (I only drive by it every day, why read it?). If it was modular it sure took a while to put together.

vmartino26
05-27-2008, 02:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that's a model home for homes that are going to be built up on White Oaks Road near the Summit Resort. At least that's what I've heard. Seems to be quite a lot of building going on in an area that some would consider being "down" and struggling for survival.

Irish mist
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
That home is for the land right behind where it sits......across from Cumberland is a different group of year-round cottages being put in.

dpg
05-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks - just got a quick head turning look and didn't go back. Although it looked a little small it was fairly attractive from what I saw.

froggy
05-30-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks - just got a quick head turning look and didn't go back. Although it looked a little small it was fairly attractive from what I saw.

"Fairly" is the key word.

Ugly garage doors facing street, are less visually ugly as time goes on.
I once visited elsewhere and people said they are required to place garage doors on side or back - makes perfect sense to me the more I see new houses.

I am observant that much new construction does not utilize even a little the free heat from passive solar; they could have oriented more windows on south side! To not is ludicrous. I have lived in two different houses that were built for the view to south, but captured solar heat.

There is no indication to me of the area being "modeled".

ACutAbove
05-30-2008, 07:55 PM
I drove by that on wednesday and there was a guy doing some touch up painting on the trim at the garage door, which is a good thing till you notice the other guy driving around the lot with a tractor and a york rake trying to level a dusty lot.... I got a good laugh out of that..Quality at its best...

topwater
05-31-2008, 11:45 AM
I did a little digging into this, and VMartino 26 is correct, this is a MODEL home for the developement on White Oaks Rd.

HUH
06-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Eventualy the area will comletely lose any and all charm or character that it might have had to "Urban Sprawl". But hey its all about the tax revenue :rolleye2: