PDA

View Full Version : Land being cleared near Cumberland Farms in Weir's Beach

nicole
05-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Has anyone noticed that they are clearing some land on the right side of the road as you come up the hill-before you get to Cumberland Farms? There are real estate signs which say "commerical". Does anyone know what might be going there? Just curious-that is a pretty large area.

Thanks,

Nicole

Woodsy
05-21-2008, 06:37 AM
The land is "For Sale" still.. I am pretty sure they just logged it off a bit to make some $$$ and to make the property a bit more attractive to any potential buyers.

Woodsy

nicole
05-21-2008, 06:50 AM
The land is "For Sale" still.. I am pretty sure they just logged it off a bit to make some $$$ and to make the property a bit more attractive to any potential buyers.

Woodsy

Thanks-that is kind of what I thought but figured I would check to see if anyone had heard anything:):)

Nicole

angela4design
05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Sources tell me that it's going to be cottages - LOTS of cottages. (300 of so, I hear!) Starting at like $139,000. I can't seem to find out who is selling them, though.

nicole
05-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Sources tell me that it's going to be cottages - LOTS of cottages. (300 of so, I hear!) Starting at like $139,000. I can't seem to find out who is selling them, though.

No that is across the street from Cumberland. The sign is up and they have been breaking up the rock for a month or two now.

JG1222
05-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Several months ago I was trying to locate some "assets" that my company owned at this location when the Weirs Beach Camping area closed, and I had a conversation with the real estate agent who sold the property. According to her, it will be some type of "affordable summer home community".

rander7823
05-27-2008, 01:44 PM
"Affordable" Summer Homes....hmmmmmm....let's see what the defintion of affordable ends up being. Hopefully not the $5.00/Gallon kind of affordable