PDA

View Full Version : New Blog Feature

webmaster
05-18-2008, 12:58 PM
I have enabled a new feature that gives members a new way to share your thoughts and opinions. Unlike the Forum, our new Blogs (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/blog.php) let you have your own space to post comments, information or opinions in a chronological journal format. You can choose to allow comments or not or even moderate your comments if you wish. You really have control of your blog space.

Although I would hope that most blogs were related to the Lakes Region this is not required. You are welcome to blog about sports, politics or a daily journal of your trip to Paris. Almost anything is allowed as long as it is not too extreme. I'm going to add a new section to the FAQ to attempt to establish some guidelines.

Blogging events has become a popular use of blogs. You can watch an event live or on TV and post your impressions every few minutes. A waterfront resident could describe the sounds of the loons or their thoughts as a storm approaches and passes.

I hope that some of our most active posters will give the blogs a try. I have looked at other blogs on vBulletin forum sites like this and they are a nice alternative to the forums when they are active.

The Blogs (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/blog.php) link is in the Nav Bar at the top of the forum and photopost.

ITD
05-18-2008, 01:56 PM
This should be interesting, thanks Don for adding this. To my follow forum members, let's try to adhere to the high standards of this website as we start to use this feature.

WeirsBeachBoater
05-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Is the blog area a place where a member could speak of his New Business??? Announce the Open House date and that sort of thing???

webmaster
05-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Is the blog area a place where a member could speak of his New Business??? Announce the Open House date and that sort of thing???Sure, use it any way that you want to. As I said in my above message: "Almost anything is allowed as long as it is not too extreme."

nicole
05-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow what a neat feature. Thanks for adding it. I have always wanted to start my own blog-maybe this will give me a little taste into blogging before I go all out and start my own blog. I look forward to reading the other blogs as well:D

This forum is awesome!

Nicolem

webmaster
05-30-2008, 11:59 AM
The Blogs have got off to a slow start but I'm hoping the activity will grow as more is posted. Thanks to the members that have helped get it rolling.

Here is what I'm going to do to help. First, I'll be blogging as "webmaster" with information about the operation of this site.

Next, I'm going to blog my vacation on the lake this summer (as "Don"). This is a very common use of blogs. Every day I'll post an entry with a summary of that day. I'll comment on the weather and lake conditions, where we ate and where we went as well as other impressions and pictures.

I encourage others to do the same. Even if you are traveling to other places or countries tell us about it. I'm sure that some vacation blogs would be an interesting addition to the site and cause many to check the blogs daily.

As you can see from the blogs already posted, your entry can be about almost anything.

Rattlesnake Gal
05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
The Blogs (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/blog.php) link is in the Nav Bar at the top of the forum and photopost.

Would it be appropriate to have on the home page too? (I bet you're already planning that. ;) )

Thanks for providing this interesting, new feature!