PDA

View Full Version : I wanted my vote against HB847 counted twice!

EricP
05-09-2008, 12:26 PM
The so called official poll that may or may not have been funded by winncrabs (love that moniker and so I use it) was alledgedly supposed to be a man on the street type of questionaire to get the "pulse" of NH residents about speed limits in Winnipesaukee. Now how many of those people pay extra taxes as a result of living around the lake? Shouldn't I get 2 votes on this HB847 issue? 1 as a resident of the State of NH whose tax dollars support all NH lakes and streams, and a second vote because I also pay even more as a result of being a resident of Meredith and having lake access and such. If I picked up my property and dropped it in Pittsburgh, NH is it worth as much? Not even close, so I am taxed more as a result of my location. Being this bill is aimed at the very lake I pay "extra" taxes to live near I want my vote counted twice as opposed to some resident who doesn't pay "extra" taxes because they live in, oh let's say, Manchester, probably within 1 mile of 814 Elm Street. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

VtSteve
05-09-2008, 01:12 PM
The so called official poll that may or may not have been funded by winncrabs (love that moniker and so I use it) was alledgedly supposed to be a man on the street type of questionaire to get the "pulse" of NH residents about speed limits in Winnipesaukee. Now how many of those people pay extra taxes as a result of living around the lake? Shouldn't I get 2 votes on this HB847 issue? 1 as a resident of the State of NH whose tax dollars support all NH lakes and streams, and a second vote because I also pay even more as a result of being a resident of Meredith and having lake access and such. If I picked up my property and dropped it in Pittsburgh, NH is it worth as much? Not even close, so I am taxed more as a result of my location. Being this bill is aimed at the very lake I pay "extra" taxes to live near I want my vote counted twice as opposed to some resident who doesn't pay "extra" taxes because they live in, oh let's say, Manchester, probably within 1 mile of 814 Elm Street. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Always trying to be prepared for the worst, I'm thinking we need a coordinated campaign here.

THE FIRST ANNUAL LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE MAKE A WAKE EVENT.

Come one, come all (especially those that can generate REALLY BIG wakes) Be safe, be happy, create the real annoying big wakes on Saturday afternoons this summer by limiting your boat crushing gas-guzzlers to a safe speed. We at MAWE recommend practicing before the event. Find an area where you can be free of life threatening hi speed boats, just after NWZ's is a fine example. Bring your boat up to 10mph, and gradually increase speed until you find the ideal wake monster speed. (Don't feel bad if your boat's wake isn't really a monster, Size Does Not Matter).

NOT! Of course it does, we're just trying not to point and laugh. But I digress.

There is no more fun for singles and families alike, than circling your favorite lake at calm, safe speeds. The sound of the girgling and gushing water as your Vee hull slices Deeeeeeeeeeeeeep into the water, watching the shoreline shake as the white caps from your wake crash onto shore, eroding solid and granite. Feel free to make those really obnoxious double-reverse direction wakes, after all, it's your water.

Here at MAWE, we are fervent supporters of safety at all times. The 150' rule is golden on the lake, and at all times boaters should be aware that going slowly (between 10mph and 15mph), is really the only way to bring order back to a chaotic lake. If you Realllllllllllly want to be even more saferer, I suggest trimming up, that way, you're killer boat will pose even less danger to the lake and it's inhabitants.

MAWE recommends that wavemakers bring plenty of water, as these lake rides can result in dehydration. Ya all slow down out there ya heya?

fatlazyless
05-09-2008, 01:24 PM
So, what's not to like about big wakes? For kayakers, big wakes = big fun, as in wake surf'n the sliding crest of those wakes. The absolute biggest wakes that ever gets created over by Bouy 3 is about 2 1/2 feet.

No way you could ever make a 3' wake!

brk-lnt
05-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Interesting. I own and pay taxes on 2 residences in NH. I want my vote counted twice as well :)

EricP
05-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Interesting. I own and pay taxes on 2 residences in NH. I want my vote counted twice as well :)

I have no idea if you are for or against HB847, but in all fairness if one of those properties is around the lake under my plan you get 3 votes.

brk-lnt
05-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I have no idea if you are for or against HB847, but in all fairness if one of those properties is around the lake under my plan you get 3 votes.

OK then, put me down for 3 against.

Islander
05-09-2008, 03:48 PM

There have been no "official" polls.

No polls have been funded by WinnFABS as you know very well. The first poll was unpaid. The follow up poll was paid for by the NHLA. If you can't believe me you should be able to believe Woodsy.

However those are just facts. You can't let facts get in the way of a good joke. Let's hope you find it funny next week.

EricP
05-09-2008, 04:37 PM
There have been no "official" polls.

No polls have been funded by WinnFABS as you know very well. The first poll was unpaid. The follow up poll was paid for by the NHLA. If you can't believe me you should be able to believe Woodsy.

However those are just facts. You can't let facts get in the way of a good joke. Let's hope you find it funny next week.

That's why I said "may or may not have been funded by winncrabs" And the Pro crowd sure quotes the poll to the letter even if it's not "official" they think and believe it is.

Airwaves
05-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I own property in three towns in NH, one of which is waterfront on Winnipesaukee, and I'm looking for another. So does that mean I currently get 4 votes in your poll? I vote 4x NO.

Pretty good since even though I pay a pretty good amount of money for property tax in NH (live FREE or die) I can't vote in any local or state election at all! Note my signature line.