PDA

View Full Version : Movie Theater Review

Lakegeezer
05-04-2008, 06:49 AM
There are at least three theaters in the lakes region. The BarnZ in Meredith, and two in Gilford - Gilford 8 and Lakes Region Cinema. Are there others?

What are these theaters like? Comfortable seats? Good sound systems? Which is your favorite?

angela4design
05-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Weirs Drive in has always been my favorite! 'Comfortable' is up to you... but the double-feature is a given! Plus, last time I was there, the arcade games in the concessions building were still free! Great for intermission.

kayakn
05-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong. I think the Lakes Region Cinema no longer exists. It was torn down for Lowe's and never rebuilt. They had very comfortable reclining seats.

Aquadeziac
05-04-2008, 12:29 PM
There is Smittys on the Tilton/Franklin line on Rte 11. Very comfortable plush seats AND dining while you watch the show. They had a decent menu and served beer if I remember right.

Argie's Wife
05-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Smitty's rocks! That's the best place for a show. There's one in Sanford, ME, too - my home town - and we sometimes meet friends there for a show but the Tilton one is better. The prices aren't bad and the food is pretty good - it's a nice night out!

winnidiver
05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
The great thing about Smithty's is you can eat a whole meal and have a drink for a little more then you pay for a large popcorn and drink in any other theater.

Mickomally
05-04-2008, 06:31 PM
While the smallest of the bunch, I feel BarnZs (formerly Meredith Cinema) is the way to go. Its owner operated and he's there all the time....which makes a big difference. I know from talking to him he takes the customer experience VERY seriously. I go to the movies to have fun and be entertained (and the staff there is very friendly) and to see the movie presented the best way I can. In the area thats BarnZs.
Gilford 8 is good as well but sometimes the presentation quality is lacking. the screens aren't real screens and the floor is flat which can effect views.
I will pass on Smittys every time. The #1 thing for me when I go to movies to watch the movie, not to have all the distrations the environment at Smittys has. People going in and out all the time, etc. In addition the food is okay, but for a night out a real restraunt and cinema is more fufilling.