PDA

View Full Version : New Houses on the Lake

Skooter
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
So we put the boat in today and went for a brief spin from Moultonborough Bay up to States Landing. In that short ride, there must be about a dozen (more than I can ever recall seeing) new houses either underway or recently completed all in Moultonborough. Needless to say, all of them were pretty spacious looking, or Gianormous as my daughter put it....

It looks like the pending implementation of the new shore line did quite well for a number of the local builders this past winter, despite the looming recession. I would guess it will be a long time until we see this level of construcion activity on the lake again.

Everyone else seeing the same thing on your piece of the Lake??

Orion
05-04-2008, 11:18 AM
They're everywhere. Huge lakehouses that approach the carbon footprint of Algore's mansion and impervious surfaces that likely won't meet the upcomming DES requirements.:(

Rattlesnake Guy
05-04-2008, 07:57 PM
We have seen lots of white wood around this spring.

I even saw gal planting a bush and raking "firmly".

The law of unintended consequences.

donnamatrix
05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I think the reason you are seeing so much right now is that the SPA, as it was originally written to be in effect on April 1, meant that if you had a foundation already in the ground by April 1 (substantial completion), they the SPA would not impact you. Many of the places are within the 250 setback and are trying to get around it.