PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Cars

Mr. V
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I am a long term fan of exotic cars, such as Ferrari and Aston Martin.

Are there many exotics in the lake region?

I would think there might be, but I've rarely seen them while vacationing there, and usually they had out of state plates.

NH would seem a great place to drive, at least when the roads are clear and the salt is washed away.

fatlazyless
04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Fitzgerald Motorsports in Laconia which backs on Paugus Bay of Lake Winnipesaukee is a very exotic car dealer. Supposedly, It's the biggest Chrysler Viper dealer in the US, and people like professional baseball players fly into Laconia Airport to window shop for Vipers at Fitzgeralds.

Oddly enough, directly across the street from Fitzgeralds exotic motorcars you'll find the area's largest canned and packaged food charity and second hand merchandise store, the Saint Vincent De Paul Society. I believe the Saint Vincent De Paul is closely affiliated with a local Laconia Catholic Church and is staffed by volunteers..

While Fitzgerald's has a 'Building For Lease' sign in its' window, the Saint Vincent De Paul store is always busy. Maybe some of the Vipers will end up getting donated to the second hand store? You know, donate ten cans of noodles & tuna fish and get 50% off a 12 cylinder Viper, or something.:D

jetskier
04-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Fitzgerald Motorsports in Laconia which backs on Paugus Bay of Lake Winnipesaukee is a very exotic car dealer. Supposedly, It's the biggest Chrysler Viper dealer in the US, and people like professional baseball players fly into Laconia Airport to window shop for Vipers at Fitzgeralds.

Oddly enough, directly across the street from Fitzgeralds exotic motorcars you'll find the area's largest canned and packaged food charity and second hand merchandise store, the Saint Vincent De Paul Society. I believe the Saint Vincent De Paul is closely affiliated with a local Laconia Catholic Church and is staffed by volunteers..

While Fitzgerald's has a 'Building For Lease' sign in its' window, the Saint Vincent De Paul store is always busy. Maybe some of the Vipers will end up getting donated to the second hand store? You know, donate ten cans of noodles & tuna fish and get 50% off a 12 cylinder Viper, or something.:D

Fitzgerald is considered the largest Viper dealer in the US. I believe that they export heavily, also. They sell a number of exotics on consignment. I am attaching a pointer to their web page for your browsing pleasure:

http://www.fitzmotorsports.com/

The food pantry is indeed across the street. But they never appear open...maybe they are out taking a test drive:D

Jetskier:cool:

ecdecker
04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Here's a link to a house for sale on the lake in Wolfeboro. It's panel 13 of this virtual tour. (http://www.interactiveproperties.com/viewerutilities/showcase.php?showcaseid=43675)

In this garage you'll find two real exotics: a Carrera GT and an Enzo. You could buy multiple Vipers for the price of either one of these.

AC2717
05-01-2008, 07:10 AM
WHen you go to FItzgerald's web site to tour the showroom,
the showroom cam was not coming up for me, but in caption unde the window where the cam is, it says to "Tour our brand new facility," and is thier new location already?

WeirsBeachBoater
05-01-2008, 11:26 AM
WHen you go to FItzgerald's web site to tour the showroom,
the showroom cam was not coming up for me, but in caption unde the window where the cam is, it says to "Tour our brand new facility," and is thier new location already?

Old text on the website, and it was never a camera, just a series of pics.

tis
05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
ecdecker. Thanks for that link. I enjoyed the cars AND the house. Having been in that house, I know the views are just a wonderful as they look in the pictures.

gtxrider
05-01-2008, 02:43 PM

WOW a 12 Cylinder Chrysler Viper! The only ones I have seen are Dodges and have 10 Cylinders!;)

Wolfeboro_Baja
05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Just curious but since when was a Viper considered an "exotic" car? When I think "exotic", I think of hand-assembled, limited production cars that come with a hefty price tag (think Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo, McLaren F-1,....even the reincarnated Ford GT)! :confused:

codeman671
05-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Just curious but since when was a Viper considered an "exotic" car? When I think "exotic", I think of hand-assembled, limited production cars that come with a hefty price tag (think Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo, McLaren F-1,....even the reincarnated Ford GT)! :confused:

I don't know, but that 900hp Viper on their site is exotic enough for me. 900hp??? What would BI think???:D

I may have a tough time towing the boat with it but I would love to take it for a spin.