PDA

View Full Version : New Lake CAM - Pan Tilt Zoom

Bear Islander
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
There is a new camera at www.bearfeed.com The user name is bear, no password is needed. I have not yet figured out how to eliminate the user name request.

It is pan, tilt and zoom. Click on the image where you want the new center to be, or use the controls to the right. It can pan to show inside and outside.

It seems this camera works ok with Internet Explorer, but no so well with FireFox or Safari.

Wolfeboro Matt
04-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Sounds like a really neat cam, but I cant seem to get the live feed. I can get snapshots but the live feed doesn't show up. is that happening for anyone else?

Orion
04-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Wow, works sweet (after installing the requeste MPEG4 controller). My new favorite web cam!

Thanks!

ITD
04-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Very cool cam, I'm a little worried about the pan into your kitchen though. I'm frightened that someone may pan into your kitchen while you are making a midnight Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich in your underwear.:eek:

Wolfeboro Matt
04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow, that is really cool. For some reason, in order to view the image I have to click snapshot, open that second window, then pan and click snaphot again to update the image. still very cool tho.

Okay, scratch that. I was using firefox when i was having problems. I switched to IE and it works fine. Awesome cam!

Bear Islander
04-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback about firefox.

jerseyonbear
04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
What a wonderful cam. It's like being lake side. Thanks

hazelnut
04-29-2008, 04:39 PM
BI,

FYI I am having the same issues on Safari as was mentioned with Firefox. I'll try my PC tonight with Explorer. I have had no luck with either Firefox or Safari on my Powerbook. I can get the snapshot and I can control the camera. After I select a shot I just click snapshot and it shows me the view in another window.

What a great idea for a camera!

H-nut

Diana
04-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Works fine with AOL, surprisingly

SIKSUKR
04-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Nice cam BI.Thanks.I hope you didn't feel you needed to install that cam cuz of us that oppose the SL! I think we all agree that we love all your cams.

Merrymeeting
04-30-2008, 09:10 AM
It's not working for me (Vista, IE7). I get a white page displayed with black block letters talking about the username, password. This is repeated twice, top and bottom of the page. No snapshot. A small counter in the upper left corner.

This page displays for about 10 seconds, then switches to a page not found display.

This is reproducable, and the same whether I access from behind a firewall at work, or at home via cable connection.

Island Life
04-30-2008, 10:02 AM
It's not working for me in either Safari or Explorer, although I did get a nice snapshot of the inside of your camp!

GWC...
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
BI,

FYI I am having the same issues on Safari as was mentioned with Firefox. I'll try my PC tonight with Explorer. I have had no luck with either Firefox or Safari on my Powerbook. I can get the snapshot and I can control the camera. After I select a shot I just click snapshot and it shows me the view in another window.

What a great idea for a camera!

H-nut
You need to acquire a bullhorn...

You can anchor off his dock and the two of you can continue the Speed Limit verbage at the Lake, via bullhorn. :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paddler
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Cool Cam :cool:
I have Vista on my laptop and can not get on in IE7. By using firefox I can only access the snapshot. My desktop runs Windows XP and I don't have any trouble accessing the cam in IE7.

Mashugana
05-01-2008, 07:22 AM
There is a new camera at www.bearfeed.com The user name is bear, no password is needed. I have not yet figured out how to eliminate the user name request.

It is pan, tilt and zoom. Click on the image where you want the new center to be, or use the controls to the right. It can pan to show inside and outside.

This is a real nice cam. Thank you Bear Islander.