PDA

View Full Version : The Osprey have returned!

Pepper
04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Once again the PSNH Osprey Cam is broadcasting live streaming video of the Ayer's Dam Osprey nest. It appears as though mama is incubating a clutch of eggs already! :)

Click here to read about the cam, and view these incredibly beautiful birds: http://www.psnh.com/Osprey/default.asp

tis
04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Oh, so cute. That reminded me. Yesterday we were watching a mother eagle teach a smaller eagle how to fish. The fish was one of those that you see this time of year flapping in the water. (perch) We were told that the fish do that because they have eggs and can't keep themselves down in the water.

wMw
04-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Pepper,

Thanks so much for the link. This is going to be fun watching them over the summer!

donnamatrix
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Try this site:
http://www.briloon.org/watching-wildlife/eagle-cam.php

Click on Watch Live. I have watched this site for 3 years, it's awesome. Later in the summer they will also have teh Loon Cam on the loon nest. Once the chicks are hatched though, everyone is outta there and onto the water.

twoplustwo
04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Pepper, I keep checking and checking and I never see the momma! Of course today she's probably under an umbrella. I'll have to keep checking, and I'll look at that eagle cam, too - thanks Donna!

I have a mind to put a 'crazed wild turkey cam' up in West Center Harbor where we keep our horse; those turkeys have no fear of vehicles, people, horses, you name it. If you honk your horn at them, they laugh at you. There's one on East Holderness Rd. who's particularly headstrong. I'm beginning to think those turkeys are eating some odd weeds up there :D

Pepper
04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
twoplustwo - The nest is very active this morning. I just clicked in for a few moments, and watched Daddy very aggressively rearranging the furniture - then he flew off. I figure he either worked up a big appetite and went in search of lunch, or he's coming back with more furniture. :rolleye2:

twoplustwo
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I got to see her stretching out her wings and rearranging herself before she got comfortable and settled back in:) How cute!