PDA

View Full Version : Alright, enough of the "Snow Dance" Already!

riverat
02-28-2008, 10:27 PM
More snow coming! Please stop dancing, we have enough.

Blue Thunder
02-29-2008, 06:39 AM
More snow coming! Please stop dancing, we have enough.

Winter is not over yet. There's more coming (after tonight) sometime around March 8th.

BT

JayDV
02-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Winter is not over yet. There's more coming (after tonight) sometime around March 8th.

BT

Don't count snow out until after Easter!!! Many a bonnet was found under multple feet of snow.

gtxrider
02-29-2008, 09:23 AM
I seem to remember a heavy snow on Easter Sunday, 1970

The forcast is for snow here in NJ.

ghfromaltonbay
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
I seem to remember a heavy snow on Easter Sunday, 1970

The forecast is for snow here in NJ.
Last I heard, we could get 3-5 inches of snow tonight. All the snow from last Friday has pretty much melted, but with a temp. of 15 at 7 am today, I'm sure we'll get more snow than rain tonight.

We did have more than a foot of snow on Easter 1970 (which fell on March 29th). Friends of ours got married that day, and what a mess getting to the church and then the reception. Many guests never made it. The following day we had no school -- that was the only snow day we had my senior year of high school. I sure was glad since our lovely English teacher had actually scheduled a test for that Monday after Easter. English was my 1st period class and boy was I glad to hear the fire whistle blow @ 7 am signalling "No School!".

mcdude
02-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Now I've heard everything...events at the Gilford Winter Carnival being cancelled because of TOO MUCH SNOW!!!

Carnival Off Because of too much Snow in Gilford
<SCRIPT>document.title = unescape("Carnival%20off%20because%20of%20too%20much%20snow% 20in%20Gilford") + " - Fosters";</SCRIPT>
Article Date: Thursday, February 28, 2008
GILFORD — The Winter Carnival activities put on by the Gilford Parks and Recreation Department have fallen victim of too much winter.

Parks and Recreation Director Herb Greene noted the cancellation of two of the events was due to poor road conditions and snow-filled parking lots at the time when the events were expected to begin.

Of the three events originally scheduled for Wednesday, the Cardboard Box Sled Derby was rescheduled to Friday beginning at 10 a.m.

For more information contact the Parks and Recreation Department by calling 524-4722.

DRH
02-29-2008, 06:52 PM
I can attest to the fact the "The Babes" are no longer doing any kind of snow dance! The foot or so of snow currently on the ice has made snowmobile (or ATV) travel very difficult, and if we get the 8" - 12" of additional snow currently being forecast for tonight and tomorrow, conditions out there will be even worse.

QL, IG and I had kept our sleds on the ice this past week in anticipation of some fun this coming weekend, but we all took our sleds off the ice this afternoon and they are currently back on their respective trailers. Enough snow already!!!

phoenix
02-29-2008, 07:26 PM
maybe ice out by memorial day