PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Noel...

GWC...
11-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Here comes Noel (http://icons.wunderground.com/data/images/at200716_sat.jpg)...

Don't forget to use an extra dockline or two...

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/images/at200716.gif

secondcurve
11-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Is there anyone still in the water? It certainly seems kind of late in the season, but I am sure there are a couple of die hards left.

Rattlesnake Guy
11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Still in but not going to be bangin on dock on the broads this weekend.

Newbiesaukee
11-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Is your spelling OK?

Rose
11-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I saw 5 or 6 boats out and about on the Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages cam this morning.

Rinkerfam
11-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Kind of quiet here today compared to last nights forecast. Rain was steady, but there was no wind. I guess I should be thankful. Fall cleanup should resume tomorrow:D

codeman671
11-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I have one boat still in, we are in FL this week but I heard it was not bad back home. Down here we had a lot of showers on and off all week and some wind but overall it missed us. It definitely kept the crowds down though!

CanisLupusArctos
11-03-2007, 11:51 PM
The Nor'easter that began as Hurricane Noel now has a central atmospheric pressure lower than that of 'The Perfect Storm' (1991) but its overall size remained compact so there wasn't much rain or wind north and west of the seacoast.

There was less than a quarter-inch of rain at Center Harbor, and the winds are currently from the Northwest at 14 gusting to 27 mph and increasing... this is the strongest they've been all day. Meanwhile the sky is clearing. Pretty typical November stuff.

Waterbaby
11-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I live about 6-7 miles from the coast "as the crow flies", close enough that we get sea breezes occasionally. Had very little wind here, just rain and rain and more rain. We took the forecast to heart though, especially the wind projections, and finally have all of the yard and deck furniture put away for the winter. I guess something good came out of it! :laugh:

lakershaker
11-05-2007, 08:06 AM
We were still in this weekend, and took the boat over to Wolfeboro for dinner Friday night. It was one of the top 5 days of the year! The water was like a mill pond, and the sky was unbelievable, with long orange fingers fanning out from Hurricane Noel off in the south. The fall is the best time of the year for boating in my opinion.

Webbsatwinni
11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
We are new to Rattlesnake (two weeks now) and went up on Friday and stayed all weekend, it was rough, but with secure lines and staying put, we had no issues. We needed to fix some items before we close for the winter, we decided to go, secure down and weather the storm.

Having a house on the broads side of rattlesnake, we need to deal with it, so why not start early. We live in CT and boat on long island sound and deal with these conditions for most of the time.

As long as we respect the conditions, and judge when we boat, we welcome rough conditions and the adventure.

We will be going up one more time to close, so we will be watching the weather and getting in one last boat trip.

Rattlesnake Guy
11-05-2007, 06:55 PM
We skipped the fun on Saturday and only dealt with the remnants on Sunday as we did the sad bit of work closing up for the season. The boat came out today and it was a real beauty of a day.

Any updates on ice out yet?

CanisLupusArctos
11-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Wind at Black Cat has been averaging 20-25 mph with gusts to 30 all afternoon. In the last hour it has risen suddenly to a sustained 31 mph (from the southeast) and has gusted to 40 mph three times since 1:19 a.m.

The wind speed average for the first two hours of today (26 mph) is the highest since the April 16 storm (which brought a 24-hour average of 28 mph with peak gust to 64.)

Water temp here is still 53 degrees, so I don't think we'll see the lake start to freeze for many weeks. The water is getting quite a stir tonight, as the wind makes a steady whistle over the rooftop. Sounds like a river of raging rapids in the trees.

Update at 3:29 a.m.... hard to sleep, with the sound of the wind. Sustained 35 mph gusting to 44.