PDA

View Full Version : Salmon / Laker depths

Wolfeboro Matt
05-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Can anyone comment on the depths at which salmon and lakers are currently being caught? Have they moved terribly deep yet?

I do not have a downrigger and am wondering if I'll have any luck trolling the top 10 feet or so...

Anyone want to share hot colors/lures? :)

Thanks!!!

Sculpin
05-19-2004, 05:57 PM
still springtime condidtions, you will get them from 0 to 18 feet

Tired of Waiting
05-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Can anyone comment on the depths at which salmon and lakers are currently being caught? Have they moved terribly deep yet?

I do not have a downrigger and am wondering if I'll have any luck trolling the top 10 feet or so...

Anyone want to share hot colors/lures? :)

Thanks!!!

Go here http://www.fishlakewinni.com/ and you'll get all the info you need.

I fished the derby this past weekend and the fish were from 5 to 25 feet down.

I hit them good using an orange spoon with black spots and a gold underside. I caught 22 fish in total for the two and one half days.

ToW

Rattlesnake Gal
05-20-2004, 01:41 PM
22 fish? Wow! I was thrilled to see all the fishermen out there. Was a bit surprised that so many stayed out fishing during the lightening. Saturday was very busy. Sunday, not so much.

Tired of Waiting
05-20-2004, 03:43 PM
22 fish? Wow! I was thrilled to see all the fishermen out there. Was a bit surprised that so many stayed out fishing during the lightening. Saturday was very busy. Sunday, not so much.

R-G, during the storm on Saturday I took shelter on the lee side of diamond Isl. just off shore. Had to circle there for about a half hour till the storm passed then went out and fished till dark.

Whilst I was fishing I was wondering where your place was. I fished around Rattlesnake and Diamond the whole weekend. Wanted to give you a waive but didn't know where your place was.

Had a great time. Yes 22 salmon. :) Had a good time in the derby. Even won a tackle box for the fish I got Sunday. Then it was back to work and the reality of life. :confused:

ToW