PDA

View Full Version : Photo Post Question

Just Sold
10-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I have recently been experiencing that my photo posts must be approved prior to actually being posted. I have always had my photos appear immediately. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Also I am not able to see any comments made by others on photos. I must have a setting wrong. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rattlesnake Guy
10-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I do remember a conversation at the fest when Don was describing that he tries to slowly release new photos so that a new batch does not push someone off the first page to quickly. He said that if someone post 20 pictures he may only approve 3 one day and 3 more a few days later etc. I think he is just trying to give everyone a chance to be near the top of the pile for a while. (Awfully fair guy that he is)

Then again it could be the Spedo incident from a few years ago:laugh:

webmaster
10-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Good answer Rattlesnake Guy. Almost everyone is moderated on PhotoPost to assure that the pictures comply with the rules and to prevent flooding. When a large number of pictures is posted by one member I will usually approve them in several staggered groups so everyone else doesn't get bumped from the Recent Posts display.

Rattlesnake Gal
10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Is it possible to branch albums from the first page like I did for the underwater photos? I was very concerned for overloading PhotoPost with the nine pictures. It seemed right to post them as a series. Unfortunately people have to use the password this way, which isn't the most convenient thing. I wouldn’t want to give up the private albums for photo use in threads though.

Webmaster, thanks for having this great PhotoPost feature where we can share our pictures with our friends! We surly have a lot of talented members.