PDA

View Full Version : Cookies – Not The Tasty Ones

Rattlesnake Gal
09-15-2007, 11:24 AM
At home I am continuously logged on, so when I click on my forum button it takes me right to the forum page. I then click on new posts to get all posts since my last visit. A wonderful feature! Here at the lake I have tried to do the same set up. It occasionally it works, but most times when I visit the message “all cookies cleared” shows up. Then the new posts that have happened do not show themselves to me. I do not log out when I disconnect from the internet here.
Also, when at home I can open two windows at Winnipesaukee.com and be logged in. Sometimes I need PhotoPost open and a thread open at the same time. Here at the lake I get “all cookies cleared” and have to re-log on to use a double window. I was already logged on! I am missing posts because of this. Can anyone explain what is happening? Thanks! By the way, I do check the “remember me box” every time I am forced to log back in!

Spider Girl
09-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I can't answer your question, but I do have one of my own. I also have my account set to automatically see "New Posts", but it simply brings forward the threads that have new posts in them. I wish there were a way to just see the new posts without having to scroll through the entire list, including "more replies below the message", to find them. It gets tedious in a hurry when following a popular thread. Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

tis
09-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Spider Girl. Mine takes me to the last post when I click on the right arrow to the right of the name of the last poster in the last post column. So I don't have to scroll through them all. Did you try that?

Winni P
09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Learn something new everyday! Thanks for the tip, tis :)

NightWing
09-15-2007, 01:18 PM
At home I am continuously logged on, so when I click on my forum button it takes me right to the forum page. I then click on new posts to get all posts since my last visit. A wonderful feature! Here at the lake I have tried to do the same set up. It occasionally it works, but most times when I visit the message “all cookies cleared” shows up. Then the new posts that have happened do not show themselves to me. I do log out when I disconnect from the internet here.
Also, when at home I can open two windows at Winnipesaukee.com and be logged in. Sometimes I need PhotoPost open and a thread open at the same time. Here at the lake I get “all cookies cleared” and have to re-log on to use a double window. I was already logged on! I am missing posts because of this. Can anyone explain what is happening? Thanks! By the way, I do check the “remember me box” every time!

Your browser may be set up to delete cookies every session, even though the website saves them. Dig into your browser parameters and you might find your answer.

Spider Girl
09-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks! Works like a charm.

EllyPoinster
09-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Spider Girl. Mine takes me to the last post when I click on the right arrow to the right of the name of the last poster in the last post column. So I don't have to scroll through them all. Did you try that?
Better yet is the down arrow to the left of the thread name - takes you to the first new post since the last time you visited the forum.

tis
09-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Elly. I don't see that ????

webmaster
09-16-2007, 07:38 AM
I do log out when I disconnect from the internet here.Some of the settings are saved in a cookie and some are saved on the server. Logging out clears the cookie and resets the session.

Try staying logged in on the computers you use to access the forum. You can even shut them off and you'll still be logged in. Then you can go back and forth between computers and still be in the same session.

Rattlesnake Gal
09-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Oops, I meant to say that I do not log out at either location. :blush: