PDA

View Full Version : email notifications

Wolfeboro Matt
07-03-2007, 09:54 AM
On one of the older incarnations of the forum (I think it was even different software), I seem to recall having the ability to be notified via email when someone replied to a post you had created.

I've looked thru the User CP, and it seems that the current software allows you to subscribe to a thread, and receive email notifications of that thread, but it does not appear to allow you to indicate you want email notification if someone replies to one of your postings.

Am I interpreting the software's capabilities correctly?

Thanks!

upthesaukee
07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I think this is what you want, which is in user cp, then options.
If not, sorry, but I'm sure our esteemed webmaster will help you (and me) out.

<LEGEND><LABEL for=sel_autosubscribe>Default Thread Subscription Mode</LABEL></LEGEND>
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/subscription.php), with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.</TD></TR><TR><TD><SELECT id=sel_autosubscribe name=autosubscribe> <OPTION value=-1>Do not subscribe</OPTION> <OPTION value=0>No email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=1 selected>Instant email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>Daily email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>Weekly email notification</OPTION></SELECT> <LABEL for=sel_autosubscribe>Default Thread Subscription Mode:</LABEL> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Dave

Wolfeboro Matt
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
I think you're right. Thanks upthesaukee!

White Rook
09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
This is only a test.