PDA

View Full Version : Golf Anyone?

SteveA
04-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Any interest in starting a "golf group" of forum members. Biggest problem I have.. (besides a nasty slice) is finding other golfers.

How many golfers do we have out here? Where do you like to play? When do you like to play? I'm good for Sunday mornings and some evening tee times.

I play Schizophrenia golf... par, double, triple, birdie.

SteveA

camp guy
04-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Having grown up in a home with avid golf parents, all I can say is "Golf is a quick way to ruin a nice walk" (my apologies to whomever actually first coined this phrase).

Smitty1
04-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi SteveA

I am a golf addict. Keep me in mind. I like to play anywhere. Played my first round of the year yesterday at Ridgewood.

Smitty

upthesaukee
04-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi Steve:

My wife and I were over at Lochmere yesterday for our first round (only played 9 holes) and the course is in remarkable condition. She went to a knitting show down in Sturbridge MA today, so I ventured over this afternoon and got in 18 (had a little rain on the last four holes.) Fairways are lush, and the greens are nearly perfect, with no damage noted.

New Superintendent, or should I spell it Super-intendent, has the course in great shape already. They have taken down several trees and ground down the stumps to allow more sunlight in for better grass growth and drying. Traditionally wet areas are considerably drier this year, a testament to the work they did last year. Nice job, Randy !!!!

Yes, we are members there, but it is also open to the public.

bigdog
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello......

Looking for a Public Golf Course to play near Wiinnisquam, any suggestions ?
I'll be staying at the North end of the Lake (Meredith end), but any place near or around the Lake would be fine.

Thanks!

feb
05-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Waukewan Golf Club (http://www.waukewan.com/directions.htm) is a good little golf course real close to where you will be.

upthesaukee
05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Waukewan is a nice course in your general area, Ridgewood by the intersection of rte 25 and 109 in Moultonboro, White Mountain in Ashland, Lochmere in Tilton (about a mile and a half east of I93 exit 20 on rte 3.), and Pheasant Ridge in Gilford.