PDA

View Full Version : Camp close/ open fee

Flylady
01-16-2007, 10:58 PM
This is my first season where I had to close the camp for the winter. I would like to hire someone locally to open the camp in the spring and perhaps close it at end of season. Its a 2 bedroom with propane stove and small heater plus hotwater heater, and water is conected to public water system. The place is about 900 Sq Ft. What is a reasonable fee to offer? Thanks!

codeman671
01-17-2007, 08:53 AM
We use Island Support. Our bill to close was $110.00, to open last spring was less. This is for winterizing a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. He blows out the lines from the lake, winterizes all toilets, sinks/drains, showers/tubs, dishwasher, washing machine, water tank, heater, pumps, etc.. He bases it on time, not by square footage. The valves for the gas simply get shut off, nothing additional needed.

TomC
01-17-2007, 09:05 AM
...include transit time from the handyman/plumbers home base, then multiply the total hours by $50-$75 for an offer point

Janie
05-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I recommend Steve B. at Island Support Services. He's great, reasonable, etc. Great guy. My husband has been using him for years; we've never had a problem.