PDA

View Full Version : Lakeside Restaurant

AltonBay54
10-12-2006, 01:56 AM
This used to be one of my favorites, but sadly I am so taken aback by my most recent experience here I feel it neccesary to post my discontent. I would also like to know, am I the only one? The Lakeside does have great food, and great prices indeed, but Lord they couldn't employ any ruder waitresses or obviously lazy/dirty staff. The place seems to really have gone down the tubes the last few times I visited. I took a seat at the "bar" area close to the service window. The floor underneath me was so greasy I'm surprised no one has slipped and broken a bone. That floor was filthy. I ordered a cup of coffee. The waitress, an older blonde woman acted like I was doing her a favor by being there from the get-go. From the minute I sat down I could hear the "F" word like a broken record coming from the kitchen window. She then came over to me and said "What do you want?". Not with a smile, or a cheery voice, but a plain old, "What do you want?". I gave her my order. Not a thank you, ok, or any response. As I stirred my coffee I noticed a visible film at the top. I looked at my fork and knife and realized how filthy and grimy they were, with bits of food still stuck to them. I gathered that the film must have come from a combination of a dirty cup and a dirty spoon. I got her attention and told her politely that I knew she was very busy, but I would appreciate a new set of silverware and another cup of coffee. I was as polite and possible, I knew it wasn't her fault. She gave me a look from hell and this is the kicker. Didn't even take my old utensils or coffee away! Brought me another set, slammed them down on the counter with the coffee, and walked away! The food was good, it always is, but she was terrible, and it's not the first time, but the last time I will tolerate it. I have had three different waitresses who were incredibly rude to myself and my wife. As I left I asked the other waitress who rang in my check who the owner of the business was. She turned around, put the change in my hand and she said "He's not here, have a nice day", turned around and slammed the register shut. Am I the only one, or has anyone else had a similar experience. Also, does anyone know how I can get ahold of the owner and who he or she is?

donnamatrix
10-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Where is this place? Is this the right name? Never even heard of it.

SAMIAM
10-12-2006, 07:39 AM
I do know that Lakeside,The Egg Shell in Loudon and the Circle in Epson are all owned by the same people.I've been to all of them several times and always enjoyed the food and service.It's a shame that one staffer having a bad day can ruin the efforts of owners who are trying their best to do things right.Some people can't control their emotions and a fight with the boyfriend or other personal problemsoften gets carried to work.Co-workers and customers end up with an angry,disgruntled person who,at that moment,doesn't really give a damn about anything but what's bugging them.
I'd drop them a note,which they're sure to get,since only the owners are likely to open the mail.Don't forget to mention the "F" bomb coming out of the kitchen because they'll want to deal with that,I'm sure.
Hope you give them another try....we love the food there.

mcdude
10-12-2006, 08:07 AM
It's in the plaza across from (kind of) the Margate on Weirs Blvd.

mets3007
10-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I went there a few times and the person in the morning isnt the friendliest person in the Lakes Region she never smiles and just gives you the food with no personality. This place I will frequent next summer but for breakfast its 4th choice and for dinner also 4th choice.

AltonBay54
10-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the response Sam. I have never really been one to complain to owners but I think I might drop them a note. I have called a few times and the owner/s are not available when I call. It is a shame, we enjoy the food too.

MaidenCove07
01-15-2007, 03:59 PM
How funny to have read these today - I am a new member to the forum and have learned more in an hour reading through than I thought I could.

I love the Lakeside food and prices, but you are absolutely right about the blond waitress. She is awful in every possible way. I've never seen her smile or be pleasant, but I keep going back for some of my favorites like corned beef and cabbage, the fried seafood, the onion rings and their great specials. I give her her just rewards in the form of a measly tip. I even asked her once why she was so cross. She actually acted nice....THAT day...

On a very positive note about the place, I had once left the table with a large doggie bag of fried haddock. When I realized it and returned, the bus boy had thrown the food away. The cook wouldn't let me leave empty handed and actually cooked me a fresh portion of fish. Well above and beyond the call of duty I'd say...

As for the cussing from the kitchen, just mention it to the cook, he's usually the one in charge when the owner is absent. He's handled complaints well for me before.

MaidenCove

upthesaukee
03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
We went down to Concord last evening, and stopped at the circle restaurant for supper. Hadn't been there since it was Billy's :eek: , so it had been a while.

Wife had meatloaf, baked potato and squash...excellent.

I had open-faced turkey sandwich, garlic mashed red potatoes (could have been a little more garlicky for my taste, but still good), and squash. very good as well.

Nice sized portions, nice service (one lady getting the drink order..they do serve beer and wine BTW...and one taking the food order) although they were getting busy, opening up the other half of the dining area. Sorry it took us so long to stop there. Looks like they would have an excellent breakfast as well.

Menu is nice family fare, and looks like it could be very kid friendly. Certainly worth a try, and we will go back again.