PDA

View Full Version : Timber Home Experience

08-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Just starting the due dilgence processon potentially building a timber home (not a log cabin). Does anyone have any experience with the process, recommend any specific companies, local contractors familiar with the process or just some general comments. The lot is located in Moultenboro. Thanks ahead of time.

upnorth
08-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi Newbie,

We too are just now beginning the process of doing a timber frame home. Let's stay in touch and share the experience. Maybe we can get a twofor...:)

I've sent a private message with more details.

GreensKeeper
08-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi Newbie,

I had one built in Meredith in 1999/2000 and love it. I did my homework and it became a pleasant experience. I was the general contractor and hired all the subs. A lot work, but I was retired at the time and had some experience. I would suggest you talk to Mike Fogg from Gilmanton Iron Works. His number is 267-7396. He and his brother Tom, constructed the frame and did the installed. They do excellent work. If you would like some more info send me an email and I would be happy to share my experience. Good luck.

Greenskeeper

Heaven
08-22-2006, 05:59 PM
I'd second Mike Fogg, just plain good folk.

There's another outfit and I bet I can't get the name right, but something like Black Bear (Sandwich?)