PDA

View Full Version : Waldo Peppers - Near Weirs Docks ?

bigdog
07-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Is Waldo Pepper's near the Weirs docks ? Was thinking of making the trip across from Wolfeboro for lunch. Can I tie up at the Weir's dock and walk to the restaurant ?

Thanks!

upthesaukee
07-02-2006, 09:29 PM
It's about a 5 minute walk, and you can either go up right by the Weirs Beach sign (photo op) and then turn left to walk over the bridge, or you can cut through the beach area and up the driveway and then across the bridge. Good thing it's a 5 minute walk back...need something to start working off the food you just ate!!!!!:)

Just Sold
07-03-2006, 08:08 AM
:) Hey Pepper,

We are on our way up today and just because it is a Monday I would expect you to be open due to the 4th holiday. Please, Please be open and have one Lobster Roll and Fried Clams :coolsm: left. We will be in later today with Barbara and Nancy who loves your Lobster Roll.:D Check your WP's e-mail too..it is full!

Hermit Cover
07-08-2006, 04:24 PM
If you have a chance to see the just-released Lake Winni DVD you'll notice a wonderful cameo appearance by our beloved Pepper......can Hollywood and instant stardom be far off?? Pepper....speaking for me...but also for your many, many friends....please don't get an agent and go off to Actors Studio ( on scholarship if they see this snip-ette)....stay here and take care of your hungry flock....and keep your lobsters on those fresh buns...(can I say that??) We all love you......here at Winni!!!:laugh:

Pepper
07-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Fear not, HC! Hollywood hasn't got the slightest interest in bald women anymore! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Besides, I'm happy right here, meeting so many wonderful people, and enriching my life with new friendships! :D

BlackCatIslander
07-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Yesterday, my wife, a granddaughter, and the writer had supper at Waldo Peppers. I decided to try the fried clams. When I received the plate, there . were mostly small pieces of fried batter and some clams. I mentioned my dissatisfaction to my wife but she said not to complain when Pepper asked how I liked the clams. A few minutes later, Pepper walked by and saw what was on my plate. She apologized and within minutes replaced it with a new dish of fried clams that were very good. So, instead of an unhappy customer Pepper got someone who will continue to return.

Pepper
07-25-2006, 11:08 PM
BlackCatIslander, now you know precisely why I make the rounds in the dining room every chance I get! Waldo and I set very high standards with regard to portion, presentation, and quality control - and we have very high expectations of our staff. However, from time to time, something will manage to leave the kitchen at "below standard". By constantly monitoring satisfaction in the diningroom, it not only allows me to monitor feedback directly from the customers - but also affords me an opportunity to perform a visual quality control check. That's how I knew your clams were not to our standard, and precisely why they were replaced immediately!

That said, I'd like to implore all my customers to PLEASE SPEAK UP if you receive a meal which you know does not meet our high standards! There are many times when it's extremely busy, and at those times I'm not always afforded an opportunity to "do my rounds" in the dining room. In those cases, I would miss the opportunity to correct an error, and would never know mistakes had been made!

In another thread, Waterbaby makes note that all consumers should speak up when something is not correct, or not up to standards. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE! Most business owners truly want honest feedback from their customers, and would appreciate the opportunity to correct such situations. If the consumer does not bring a problem to the attention of the management, the problem is never known. As my father used to say: "Ya cain't fix what ya don't know is broke". ;)

Note to BlackCatIslander: Although I recognized your face from previous visits, I don't recall if you had ever "revealed yourself" as a forum member. If you did, and I forgot, I apologize. :blush: I like to greet my forum friends with big strong hugs, but every now and again I fail to recognize someone. If this is the case, then I have egg on my face. Next time, though - better be ready for a hug! ;) But tell Mrs. BCI not to get jealous, because she'll get one too! :D

jetskier
07-26-2006, 12:31 PM
For those of us that have had our own business, this is an interesting study in what makes a business successful:

+ Direct ownership of the success of the business
+ Staying personally in touch with customers
+ Satifying the customer's needs
+ Monitoring the quality of the product

It is absolutely amazing how uninterested some of the local restaurants are when the customers have issues. In this market, that is a huge problem. We went to a local restaurant twice this year and the food was prepared improperly. I sent a letter to their corporate office (nada). We won't be back.

It is truly refreshing to see a business owner with this level of commitment and acumen. Clearly, we intend to continue to patronize the business.

Best Regards,
Jetskier:cool:

Newbiesaukee
07-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I love to eat out and I do all the cooking at home. Consequently, when I go out, I tend to go to either "high end" restaurants for excellent food and a pleasant dining experience or "modest" restaurants such as George's or Village Kitchen where the food is a treat and the service is fast and pleasant. I don't go to mid-level restuarants, usually chains, as I can cook better and serve better. Having said all that, Waldo's is unique...the food is excellent, "Pepper" is delightful and more than that, she is smart and knows that the key to success is a good product and good delivery and constant oversight by the "boss." The restaurant is clean and the rest room has the special touch ( it's clean) all of which only happens when the owner CARES which is really the "SECRET." By the way, I have had the clams on 3-4 occcasions and they have been great.

My only disagreement with the 2 thread discussion is in the so-called "high end" restaurant, I expect that the manager should know what is going on and if he/she doesn't and my experience isn't perfect, I just do not return. It is not that it is "below" me to complain to the manager, but he/she should care as much as Pepper and there should be no complaints and I am paying enough so that it is the manager's responsibility, not mine to serve the perfect meal. But I do see the point that if you don't point out the problems, the manager may not know so it isn't quite balck and white but I still prefer not to do it.