PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat on Winni? Where are the "Unknowns" to Get to by Boat?

JasonG
06-07-2006, 08:18 AM
I just read on another post that there is a restaurant on Cow Island? Any idea what the name is/any good?

This made me think, what other restaurants are on the lake that I dont know about? Any more islands locations? Any unknowns in general that are decent but not advertised. Again, we want to get there by boat.

thanks!
Jason

Steve
06-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, for breakfast, I'd vote for Ames Farm Inn. Get the blueberry pancakes! Yummy.

jrc
06-07-2006, 09:57 AM
The Cow Island "restaurant" comes up a lot. It's more a catered function room than a restaurant. You need a bunch of people and you need to plan the event with the owners in advance. If you search the forum, I think you will find contact information. I hear it is great, but I've never been.

Phantom
06-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Cow Island - Mama Lucy's -- but you need a party as indicated (12+) and a YEARS notice !

Canoe in Center harbor provides a shuttle from the Town Dock (call them when you get there). For breakfast try Sam & Rosies (2 thumbs up), a simple walk up from the Town Dock.

Sandy Point same deal as above from the Alton Town Docks. Shipley's is yet another in Alton.

Christmas Island, not a personal favorite of mine, however, has their own docks

The obvious zillion choices in Merideth -- Abedante's, Mames, Georges cafe (great breakfast), Karen & Barry's -- Leaving out all the Mill's resuaraunts.

These may be part of the obvious that you mentioned ..... but it certainly takes up a week or two's worth of "out to eats"

Now what I wanta know is there any "legal" way of parking and getting to Fratello's and/or Avery's ........ been searching that one out for quite awhile !???

BroadHopper
06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
I wonder if there is shuttle service from Green's basin to LemonGrass? That will be the ultimate trip!
Phantom, there is a public dock in front of the Laconia Water Works in Lakeport, east of Irwin Marine. There is an excellent braekfast place right across the street. Can't remember the name. Avery's is a short walk down Union Ave. I'm not too crazy about Fratelo's

ACutAbove
06-07-2006, 06:42 PM
There are a few boat dealers in that area. Why not see if they have some docks to park at for a bit. See if you can trow them a little cash to do it????
just a suggestion..

Water Camper
06-08-2006, 02:37 PM
I keep my boat at Lakeport Landing. I know Paul Blizzard has allowed people to park at the gas dock with prior permission.

Avery's and Fratello's are just a short walk from there.

Bill

JasonG
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Where is lakeport landing?

Paugus Bay Resident
06-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Lakeport is a section of Laconia, at the end of Paugus Bay. Lakeport Landing is between Irwins and the dam.

Phantom
06-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Water Camper -- Thanks...... I asked there once last year and the gas attendant said "No Way".....perhaps I just need to take it up a notch -- thanks for the name.

Now all you others here in the Forum !! STAY AWAY .... it was MY idea:banana:

Waterbaby
06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Where in Meredith is Abedante's? What type of food do they serve? I'm asking because I'm intrigued by the name........

mcdude
06-10-2006, 05:26 AM
Waterbaby:
Follow this link (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3076) for more information on Abondante:D

Phantom
06-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Not to turn this into a Restuarant review thread -- but 2 huge Thumbs up for Abondantes --

Waterbaby -- one huge hint, don't go with a large party (6-8+) seating for that many gets tricky and wrecks the charm of the place

RGA645
06-14-2006, 11:39 AM
51 Mill St in Wolfboro has a small dock to tie up at while you have lunch or dinner. :cool:

Island Life
06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Love the fish and chips at Garwoods in Wolfeboro. And for breakfast, Donna Jeans in the Weirs. It's across the street at the 3-way intersection.

welch100
07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
I live on Welch Island and have seen several restaurants at Glendale come and go over the years. But there is a new one, and it's GOOD!!! It's called either the Lyons or Lions Den - under new management. Have eaten there twice and really enjoyed it. There's a varied menu, all selections I and friends had were excellent. Water view from the restaurant is lovely. Staff very friendly and efficient. Prices reasonable.

I really hope they stay in business! There's also a good little convenience store downstairs.

Waterbaby
07-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Now what I wanta know is there any "legal" way of parking and getting to Fratello's and/or Avery's ........ been searching that one out for quite awhile !???

Hi Phantom - someone else gave you the name of Paul Blizzard (owner or one of, anyway, of Lakeport Landing) -- last I knew, Paul was either the sole owner of or the senior partner in CJ Averys. Therefore, I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't have a problem with docking at LL to eat @ Avery's! ;) Good luck, and let us know how you make out!

Phantom
07-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Waterbaby -- your my hero if that pan's out and I'll owe you a drink!

Thanks for the connection (of names). Unfortunately we won't be back on the Lake again till late July - biting my nails for 3 weeks - but I'll definately try it and let you know.