PDA

View Full Version : Metrocast High Speed Internet

jnaughton
05-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Does anybody know if Metrocast, will allow you to buy a cable modem at a local store, and install it yourself. The $100 instalation fee is alittle steep for my budget. Thanks for the Help

Woodsy
05-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I am pretty sure you can use your own cable modem... however they still need to come out and do the setup. They check the sigal strength at the line etc.. They won't let you "do it yourself"

Woodsy

skisox24
05-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I purchased my own Linksys modem and router prior to ordering MetroCast broadband internet service a couple of years ago. It was not an issue as long as you buy a quality modem. There was no inconvenience involved, and MetroCast set up my broadband connection the same way that they would have performed the set up if they had supplied the modem. By owning your own modem you also avoid the rental cost of MetroCast's modem.

For some reason after about a year of excellent broadband service I was experiencing frequent loss of internet service. MetroCast support services were excellent. They came out to my home and re-balanced the signal between the data and cable and all has been working well since. There was no charge for that service call.