PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth hogs pony up!

Skip
02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Some of you may have noticed that I asked Don to refresh my memory on site users abilities to make a volutary donation to help maintain Winni's premier FREE website.

Don had accepted donations awhile back for the new webcam. Since that time it is obvious to all of us usual suspects that he has continued to make many positive enhancements readily available here.

This HB 162 thread has been quite a contentious situation, but through Don's kindness he has let several dozen of us slug it out here for months. No other medium has been provided by anyone that has allowed this type of in-depth debate to occur. Some of us have been much more passionate in our beliefs than others, and I can't even begin to imagine the extra time Don has had to invest in this site to moderate this sub-forum alone.

That said, I thought it was time I ponied up and made a donation to the site utilizing the link site support donations (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/support.shtml) that Don so kindly provided.

Don had no idea what I was up to when I posed the question.

Some of us (and we know who we are) have taken great advantage of Don's time & patience in utilizing this particular sub-forum to vent our angst over HB 162. I think it is only appropriate that those of us that have the means contribute back to the site to support and encourage Don's quest to maintain the quality of content and technology he strives so highly (and successfully) for.

Winnipesaukee.com is my favorite all time website. I know many of you feel the same. If we all can only agree on one thing in this particular sub-forum, lets all agree to give back a little to someone that has given us so much!

Anyway, thanks for giving it a thought...:)

Skip

Resident 2B
02-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I have been monitoring, posting to and enjoying this site for a almost two years. Time to help a bit!

I just visited the donation site and it was secure, quick and easy. Credit cards are accepted as well as Pay Pal.

Nice thought Skip!

R2B

webmaster
02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
I just want to thank everyone who contributed since yesterday! Some of the donations were very generous and I'm a little overwhelmed.

As some of you know, I now own the server that the site runs on instead of using a hosting service. This gives me full control but is many times more expensive than using a hosting service. Although the server is subsidized by some other of my projects it is more important than ever to bring in some funds to offset the additional expenses. Your donations will go directly to keeping the site up and running.

Thanks again everybody!!

Mee-n-Mac
02-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up Skip ! I made a donation this morning. I so enjoy reading all the posts and we all KNOW how much time "MAC" spends at this wonderful site :laugh:

--Mee

P.S. "Mac" would have made the contribution himself....but he was too busy coming up with new "lines" to use at the Bad Moose....as if I would ever let him go there alone ;)

Grant
02-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Remind me to share a humorous tale from the Bad Moose from a few weeks ago.

Also -- there's a "Donation Challenge" thread under General Discussions. Good stuff.

Skip
02-23-2006, 01:04 PM
...P.S. "Mac" would have made the contribution himself....but he was too busy coming up with new "lines" to use at the Bad Moose....as if I would ever let him go there alone ;)...

But that's the beauty of it, he doesn't have to go alone, he can always take me for protection! :D