PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish

map
06-07-2021, 06:39 PM
Where is good to fish off land (not a boat). Hubby is trying to get into it but we are not sure of places he can just park his car with no parking fee and just fish. Someplace not too far from the Weirs area.

Yes- newbies to this. Just experimenting and would be throwing the fish back in. He does have the fishing license. Thanks.

Descant
06-07-2021, 11:28 PM
Many years ago, I used to see several people at a time fishing off the Mount's dock. Presumably, because they used to hose down the decks, there was popcorn etc to feed on. A private dock or breakwater might be possible. Not so much recently. Ask at whatever bait and tackle shop you use. BTW, fishermen don't usually give away their spots. If he catches Rock Bass, put them in your garden, not back in the lake. Invasive species.

map
06-08-2021, 10:37 AM
Many years ago, I used to see several people at a time fishing off the Mount's dock. Presumably, because they used to hose down the decks, there was popcorn etc to feed on. A private dock or breakwater might be possible. Not so much recently. Ask at whatever bait and tackle shop you use. BTW, fishermen don't usually give away their spots. If he catches Rock Bass, put them in your garden, not back in the lake. Invasive species.

Thanks. Yes, we do know about the docks at the Weirs boardwalk but were looking for someplace else. With all the lakes and ponds around here there has to be lots of places that are convenient and easily accessible, just not sure where to go.

As for Rock Bass we don't know what those are but will look up. We have no garden/land to speak of so not sure what we would do with one if caught.

MeredithMan
06-08-2021, 10:54 AM
I've seen folks over the years fishing on the road side of Lily Pond. I even did it a few times as a kid. For years, I've heard good things about SaltMarsh Pond in Gilford, although I have never been there, so I can't comment about its accessibility.

I've also seen people fishing from the Meredith Town Docks and from the Long Island bridge, although I would not recommend you do that on a weekend here in prime season.

Descant
06-08-2021, 01:11 PM
"Clark's Guide to NH Fishing" may be helpful. Check the reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Hampshire-Fishing-Guide-2003/dp/1932405054#customerReviews

map
06-24-2021, 08:22 AM
I've seen folks over the years fishing on the road side of Lily Pond. I even did it a few times as a kid. For years, I've heard good things about SaltMarsh Pond in Gilford, although I have never been there, so I can't comment about its accessibility.

I've also seen people fishing from the Meredith Town Docks and from the Long Island bridge, although I would not recommend you do that on a weekend here in prime season.

Where is Lily Pond exactly? My husband couldn’t find it.

gillygirl
06-24-2021, 10:10 AM
Where is Lily Pond exactly? My husband couldn’t find it.

Corner of 11 and 11C in Gilford.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92687)

MeredithMan
06-24-2021, 10:22 AM
At the end of the Laconia airport runway. It has all of the poles for the approach lights. It's also across the street from the strip mall that has Tractor Supply and the movie theatre.

map
06-24-2021, 10:36 AM
At the end of the Laconia airport runway. It has all of the poles for the approach lights. It's also across the street from the strip mall that has Tractor Supply and the movie theatre.

Oh, ok. We know that pond! Didn’t realize that’s the name of it. Thanks!