PDA

View Full Version : Canoe

Lockness
11-20-2005, 08:20 AM
My wife and I just ate at the Canoe resturant and cannot begin to tell you what a delightful meal we consumed. From the great appetizers to the meal itself everything was first class. It was, if not, one of the best meals we have ever experienced in the lake region. I would recommend the Canoe to everyone that wishes to taste some great food. My complements to the chef and his staff.

WINNOCTURN
11-23-2005, 12:16 PM
My wife and I had dinner there last Saturday evening. The
service was good, we were seated right away and the
appetizers were good. A friend had eaten there earlier in the
week and had recommended the veal parm. The portion was
large, but it had the consistency and flavor of a veal patty.
My wife had the mixed grill and thought it was excellent. we
shared a raspberry cheesecake for desert. I do not think it was
Donna Love’s cooking.

My wife has had some excellent luncheons though. May be it’s
just me. As for the veal, any from MA who knows the Venetian in
Weymouth. That’s veal. On their old menu I had two favorite
dinners veal and ravioli on one page and on another page you
could have ravioli and veal. So my wife would not accuse my
of having the same thing every time we eat there I would
switch back and forth between the two entrees.

Winnocturn

jetskier
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
We went to Canoe this past Friday night. When we got there, the restaurant was fairly empty, but is got crowded by the time we left. The service was prompt and friendly. Part of the meal were terrific, other parts fairly mediocre. Highlights:

The orange coffee, the petite salad... Both were amazing.

The mains were a bit dissapointing. My steak was miscooked, even after sending it back to be cooked more (came out blood raw rather than medium). My wife ordered the lobster macaroni and cheese...it was a bit on the bland side.

They do have some very interesting dishes there and we would certainly try them again.

Mee-n-Mac
06-02-2006, 12:48 PM
We went to Canoe this past saturday evening with our best friends and their 2 children. We arrived at 6PM for a 6PM reseveration. We were greeted by a pleasant hostess and seated immediately. Our waiter was enthusiastic, attentive, and friendly. I had the tuna appetizer (as did 3 others) and the tuna main entree (as did 1 other). I think the others ordered steaks.....but I can't swear to it....it was all a blur once they put the tuna in front of me. There are so many other dishes on the menu that I would like to try, but I can't bring myself to order anything except the tuna ! It is the best dish I have ever eaten :liplick: ....anywhere. I have travelled alot and I've been to so many restaurants that I can't remember them all. Canoe's Ahi Tuna is the best meal I have ever eaten ! So maybe you get lucky and hit a good night you're thinking ? Every time I've been to Canoe, I've gotten the tuna and every time it has been consistently PERFECT !! I can no longer order tuna at other restaurants....Canoe has spoiled me forever :D Everyone at our table raved about their meals, the atomsphere, and the service. Top notch in our book :emb: We will go back, again....and again....and again....

-- Mee

Nhlvrnfla
06-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Mee-n-Mac,

You know, I have seen tuna on many menus, but never thought it looked particularly appetizing, nor have I spoken to anyone who has tried it.

But, I will for sure try it when we are next in the area.

BTW, what makes it so special? Broiled? Baked? Marinated? :)

thanks.....

jkjoshuatree
06-07-2006, 07:02 AM
My wife and I had dinner there last Saturday evening. The
service was good, we were seated right away and the
appetizers were good. A friend had eaten there earlier in the
week and had recommended the veal parm. The portion was
large, but it had the consistency and flavor of a veal patty.
My wife had the mixed grill and thought it was excellent. we
shared a raspberry cheesecake for desert. I do not think it was
Donna Love’s cooking.

My wife has had some excellent luncheons though. May be it’s
just me. As for the veal, any from MA who knows the Venetian in
Weymouth. That’s veal. On their old menu I had two favorite
dinners veal and ravioli on one page and on another page you
could have ravioli and veal. So my wife would not accuse my
of having the same thing every time we eat there I would
switch back and forth between the two entrees.

Winnocturn

I can see the Venetian from where I live Winnocturn. They do have great food at great prices.

Jetskier, how dare you-lol-it's blasphemous to say the lobster mac n cheese was bland. It's one of my favorite dishes. Maybe they forgot to season it properly.

And to the gentleman who asked how ahi tuna was prepared (sorry, I forgot your name). Ahi tuna is lightly pan seared sushi grade tuna, usually served with some kind of wasabi garnish. Only the edges are cooked. The interior of the tuna is rare/raw.

Mee n Mac, I agree. I love sushi and have had it all over the world. And while Ahi tuna isn't technically the real deal, Canoe's does have good stuff.

shooter
06-26-2006, 02:27 PM
you cant beat the canoe great food!

JG1222
06-26-2006, 08:26 PM
My family and I ate there during the last weekend of Bike Week. This was my second time here and I thought the food was again excellent. Our waitress was great too - I don't remember her name, but she had a small tattoo on her wrist. Another great experience.

joneill
06-27-2006, 08:32 AM
My wife and I ate there last Weds. for the first time and were very impressed with the food, service, atmosphere, etc. Especially enjoyed the appetizer - chips with a blue cheese topping. Will definitely be back.

tricia1218
07-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I wanted to post our experience at Canoe. We made it to Canoe on our vacation and it was great! The lobster mac and cheese may sound odd but is very good!! Also our waiter, Mike U. (his name was on the receipt) was friendly, and helpful. We recommended Canoe to friends later in the week and they had nothing but good things to say after their visit.