PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating

Little Bear
04-19-2020, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know of someone that does ceramic coating on vehicles around here? I had two vehicles done in Florida over the winter, and the results were incredible. Would like to have my NH vehicles done as well.

ishoot308
04-19-2020, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know of someone that does ceramic coating on vehicles around here? I had two vehicles done in Florida over the winter, and the results were incredible. Would like to have my NH vehicles done as well.

Just had my vehicle done at Getty Shine in Gilford. John did a great job!! Also Diamond shine, also in Gilford does ceramic.

Dan

Little Bear
04-19-2020, 07:15 PM
Just had my vehicle done at Getty Shine in Gilford. John did a great job!! Also Diamond shine, also in Gilford does ceramic.

Dan

I appreciate the info, Dan. Thank you

Descant
04-19-2020, 10:05 PM
Diamondshine did a great job on my boat in February. Don't know about cars or current schedule.

BroadHopper
04-20-2020, 06:03 AM
They do all vehicles including RVs. Boats a priority so expect to wait for your road vehicle. Accredited Gtechniq dealer.
https://diamondshinenh.com/

There is another Gtechniq dealer in Wolfeboro, Executive Detailing.
http://www.wolfeborocarwash.com/

Phantom
04-20-2020, 09:12 AM
2 thumbs up for Getty Shine !

VitaBene
04-20-2020, 09:48 AM
Diamond Shine or Getty Shine. Either way, you will be happy.

Woodsy
04-21-2020, 01:15 PM
I had Mark Rancourt ceramic my Harley last year.... AMAZING doesn't begin to cover it!

Her is a link to his FB page!

https://www.facebook.com/nhdetailpro/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBnDjzGgpVgCsunCHbEY5_ZxNAl92T_kPEO-9Z_Fz0mZRI7RgkqE1V338ccvdIGL5wLlAYuGsB8Gs3t

John Spooner @ Diamond Shine also does Ceramic!

https://www.facebook.com/DiamondShineBoatDetailing/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDRpPNHWkqG0czun8b5Zx8V2tMjMGHsppDX1ZnXLIPGGo EKaA6WvUViwj0tj9od0_eNokSrKnG6bykE

Woodsy

Little Bear
04-21-2020, 05:57 PM
Spooner has always detailed my boats, didn’t know he did vehicles. Rancourt has detailed my vehicles in the past. Did a great job, but last time I tried to get him to do work he said he wouldn’t come to my house to do the work. Instead, he said I had to bring the vehicle to his place in Belmont, which was not practical for me. I didn’t know he did ceramic coating.

On Dan’s recommendation, I stopped by Getty Shine a couple of days ago and caught the owner in the parking lot. Said to bring the vehicle by (Hummer H2) so he could take a look at it, which I will do. Thanks to everyone for their recommendations.

ishoot308
04-21-2020, 06:31 PM
Spooner has always detailed my boats, didn’t know he did vehicles. Rancourt has detailed my vehicles in the past. Did a great job, but last time I tried to get him to do work he said he wouldn’t come to my house to do the work. Instead, he said I had to bring the vehicle to his place in Belmont, which was not practical for me. I didn’t know he did ceramic coating.

On Dan’s recommendation, I stopped by Getty Shine a couple of days ago and caught the owner in the parking lot. Said to bring the vehicle by (Hummer H2) so he could take a look at it, which I will do. Thanks to everyone for their recommendations.

You won’t regret it!

Dan

SAB1
04-29-2020, 07:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done the ceramic coat themselves?

BroadHopper
04-30-2020, 07:37 AM
For the first time user, I'd advise against it. Once on and you make a mistake, tough to get off.

If you decide to tackle it. Watch the youtube videos from the Mfg only! And see what they recommend. Do a small section and see how it comes out first!

You will find out is labor-intensive but if done right, rewarding.

PM me if you want more info.

ishoot308
04-30-2020, 07:49 AM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done the ceramic coat themselves?

I just had a brand new conversion van done by John at Getty Shine. Before applying the coating the entire vehicle new or not must have "paint correction" done. This is a multi step polishing method that removes any and all swirl marks, scratches and any other minute imperfections in the paint. It is not just give it a good wash and buff then apply the ceramic.

Unless you are really setup and know what your doing with polishing these imperfections out I would highly recommend letting the pro's do it. Paint correction is everything when doing ceramic.

As an fyi, I could not believe how bad my brand new van needed paint correction. The imperfections when pointed out were astonishing!!

Dan

Tuckntruck
07-17-2020, 12:51 PM
Guessing it's already happened - We trust Getty shine with our Jet, they always show up in MHT with a full crew and do a fantastic job. I just had them do ceramic on a new car - and would have used them to do the boat as well, however, that's a long story ( they'll do our new one when we get it)

Little Bear
07-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Guessing it's already happened - We trust Getty shine with our Jet, they always show up in MHT with a full crew and do a fantastic job. I just had them do ceramic on a new car - and would have used them to do the boat as well, however, that's a long story ( they'll do our new one when we get it)

Yes, Getty did the truck a couple of weeks ago. Phenomenal job. Thanks to all for the recommendations.