PDA

View Full Version : On a positive note

Paugus Bay Resident
04-04-2020, 07:36 AM
On a positive note, wanted to compliment some – of course first responders, medical personnel, grocery and retail workers, delivery services, all the businesses who have changed their business model to help, all the individuals who are doing the same, etc. But this is more "personal" I guess.

- WMUR – calm, no drama reporting, will a good balance of NH non-COVID news. Only news I watch now
- Our governor – to me, doing a great job, balanced actions. Good daily conferences
- Dr. Chan – factual, again, no drama
- Jordan’s Ice Cream – went last night, old school car order / delivery. Awesome ice cream of course!

Feel free to add your own!

8gv
04-04-2020, 08:14 AM
I concur on all points.

I shall try out the new service method at Jordan's soon!

:D

BroadHopper
04-04-2020, 08:22 AM
NH Public Radio and Salmon Press!

fatlazyless
04-04-2020, 08:42 AM
Listening to Gov Sununu yesterday afternoon, was totally impressed by his energized speaking voice on NHPR while he talked about the state's 50-mil survival plan, and giving a 5.25-mil, 6-month loan, to Lakes Region Gen Hosp to help them tough it out.

Gov Sununu is so totally competent.

After dropping a newly greased wheel bearing from my little utility trailer into the sandy dirt, his motivat'n style of talk'n motivated me to do an extra thorough job of getting all the little sand particles out of the greasy bearing before it got re-installed.

Thank-you Gov Sununu.

Winilyme
04-04-2020, 09:25 AM
I am particularly awed by the many nurses out there that are given so little yet give so much. Many nurses are even coming out of a comfortable and safe retirement to contribute on the front lines.

We owe a deep level of gratitude to all of these individuals who put themselves in harms way for us. They genuinely care. They just don't know any other way.

God bless them all.

Garcia
04-04-2020, 10:29 AM
Another forgotten group are CNA's, housekeepers, food service workers, and the many others who work hard taking care of the elderly in nursing homes, retirement communities, and group homes for adults who cannot care for themselves. This is often an overlooked part of the work force who are working long hours for low pay and putting themselves and their families at risk. They cannot work from home like I can.

Thank you!

GodSmile
04-04-2020, 11:13 AM
Let's not forget the local food pantry workers who continue to help those in need (more now than ever), and let's not forget to help out with donations of food or money if we are able.

rick35
04-04-2020, 11:32 AM
I am particularly awed by the many nurses out there that are given so little yet give so much. Many nurses are even coming out of a comfortable and safe retirement to contribute on the front lines.

We owe a deep level of gratitude to all of these individuals who put themselves in harms way for us. They genuinely care. They just don't know any other way.

God bless them all.

And some nurses are being reassigned from other safe positions to ER. Some I’m sure are voluntary. I heard of one nurse who had to resign because of the exposure it would bring to her family and she couldn’t accept that risk. That must have been so conflicting. Every time I see a story about the heroism of all the medical professionals I think the same thing. God bless them.

Mr. V
04-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Kudos to Robt. Kraft and the Patriots for using their money, resources and jet to secure and fly a plane load of PPE from China to the USA to be used where needed.

Well done.

Sue Doe-Nym
04-04-2020, 11:43 AM
And some nurses are being reassigned from other safe positions to ER. Some I’m sure are voluntary. I heard of one nurse who had to resign because of the exposure it would bring to her family and she couldn’t accept that risk. That must have been so conflicting. Every time I see a story about the heroism of all the medical professionals I think the same thing. God bless them.

That’s for sure! Crises tend to show how kind and generous most people are, and those on the front lines show this 24/7, day after day, week after week. Please....let’s not it have to be month after month in this case!