PDA

View Full Version : Farm Eggs ?

bigdog
01-26-2019, 08:19 AM
Looking for store or farm locations, where I can buy 'farm eggs', near Gilford.

Thanks !

Descant
01-26-2019, 11:20 AM
9-12 Saturday am. 88 Belknap Mtn Rd.
Not sure what a "farm egg" is. I see listings for "Farm Fresh Eggs", "Free Range" and "Organic". Otherwise, I think if you own chickens and it lays eggs, they are farm eggs.

dpg
01-29-2019, 11:56 AM
No clue what you mean but Hannaford's maybe???

FlyingScot
01-29-2019, 01:43 PM
If you don't find a farm, I recommend Pete & Gerry's from most supermarkets. They are exceptionally good, especially in NH, and I'm pretty sure they rely upon local farms.

Pineedles
01-30-2019, 11:07 AM
If you've never had a "farm egg" you've never had a fresh egg. The taste is simply the best ever, and yes you can tell the difference. Many farm eggs will be different pastel shades of yellow, blue, or gray, but hardly ever pure white like the "old" eggs in the supermarket. Hope you can find some.

Airedale1
01-30-2019, 12:45 PM
If you've never had a "farm egg" you've never had a fresh egg. The taste is simply the best ever, and yes you can tell the difference. Many farm eggs will be different pastel shades of yellow, blue, or gray, but hardly ever pure white like the "old" eggs in the supermarket. Hope you can find some.

YES! You can absolutely taste the difference. Our favorite breakfast place is Heritage Farm in Sanbornton. Family owned and operated the eggs along with almost everything else you have there is fresh from their own farm, e.g. eggs, maple syrup, ham, bacon, etc. and their pancakes which are made from scratch are the best I've ever had.

Right now they are closed until March. When they are open you can buy farm fresh eggs in their store; which is part of the restaurant.

http://www.heritagefarm.net/

Dad sold the C * C
01-31-2019, 05:41 AM
Osborne Agway in Belmont ( just past the winnisquam bridge) sells fresh eggs from several local farms.
And yes they are better than grocery store eggs.

joey2665
01-31-2019, 06:59 AM
Osborne Agway in Belmont ( just past the winnisquam bridge) sells fresh eggs from several local farms.

And yes they are better than grocery store eggs.

Great to know thank you. I pass there all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92687)

First Mate
02-12-2019, 02:54 PM
There's an ad on page 23 in today's Laconia Daily Sun for fresh eggs daily in Gilford, Shepherd's Market at Ramblin' Vewe Farm, 637 Morrill St.

Not sure how to link directly to the page...

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=7845e09b-e85d-42ee-9cc4-f3c1ee69f46e

upthesaukee
02-12-2019, 04:33 PM
There's an ad on page 23 in today's Laconia Daily Sun for fresh eggs daily in Gilford, Shepherd's Market at Ramblin' Vewe Farm, 637 Morrill St.

Not sure how to link directly to the page...

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=7845e09b-e85d-42ee-9cc4-f3c1ee69f46e

Click on the link and when the first page comes up,
Click on the pull down menu icon in the upper right hand corner of the page,
The click on pages,
Then left scroll the pages at the bottom until you see page 23.
Click on page 23 and voila!

Dave

garysanfran
02-20-2019, 05:10 PM
This was in craigslist...

https://nh.craigslist.org/hsh/d/suncook-2-dozen-farm-eggs-all-natural/6824140094.html

Slickcraft
02-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Lyons' Den at Glendale for lunch at the bar. Lots of good choices at a very reasonable price. I lean toward the lunch baked stuffed haddock.

Oh yes, fresh eggs. Often Margot, the barkeep, will have a dozen ready to sell. Her own hens, usually gathered within a day. The best fried eggs. Creamy bright yellow yokes that sit up high in the pan. If she does not have any that day, you will still have a good lunch!

Woody38
02-20-2019, 09:18 PM
Gary those are some awsome eggs. Must say although having just finished dinner, made me hungry.
Thanks

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

garysanfran
02-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Gary those are some awsome eggs. Must say although having just finished dinner, made me hungry.
Thanks

Damn good looking chickens also Woodsy. Wish San Francisco would let me have a few in the back yard. Since they allow shoot-up dens, free needles, maid service at the homeless camps to clean up their mess...You'd think I could have a few chickens...Probably could until a neighbor complains...Like the rental housing in Laconia.

Nice looking chickens...

Woody38
02-21-2019, 03:33 PM
Gary, guess I was lucky when in college in San Francisco. Great City and lots of fun. No complaints about any chickens rummaging the back yard.

8gv
02-21-2019, 04:27 PM
While I have no answer on the egg question I will monitor this thread in anticipation of a spirited post from FLL...
;)

TheTimeTraveler
02-21-2019, 08:45 PM
While I have no answer on the egg question I will monitor this thread in anticipation of a spirited post from FLL...
;)

No need to wait for his post as we all know he buys all his eggs at Walmart.