PDA

View Full Version : Ocean State Job Lot

Greene's Basin Girl
09-20-2018, 08:34 PM
I just received an email that Ocean State has 20% off everything in the store from Sept. 20th-26th. You might be able to get some good deals!

ApS
09-21-2018, 04:22 AM
Directions for those of us on the Ocean-State-Job-Lot side of the Lake ;)

From Pickering Corner (just east of the yellow Pickering House) head North (Route 109 South) :rolleye2: .

Staying with Rt. 28, head North about 8 miles—to Ossipee's Rt 16—and opposite Rite Aid—it'll appear on your right, next to Hannaford Market, with a gas station adjacent—within a huge parking lot.

Ocean State has a big selection of pool products, tarps, birdseed, kayak paddles, eyewear, carpeting, seasonal clothing, tent/camping/outdoors products, rope, kitchen- and electrical- accessories, plus an assortment of interesting / discounted foods. A shopper can spend an hour—easily. (Especially when it's cold, windy, and rainy—like today's forecast!) :rolleye1:

That they have a big monthly changeovers always makes for interesting shopping. :)

TiltonBB
09-21-2018, 06:22 AM
There is also one in Meredith on the west side of the lake where there are a lot of convenient places to shop!.

Ocean State Job Lot

71 NH Route 104

Meredith NH, 03253

mcdude
09-21-2018, 07:07 AM
If heading up to the Ossipee OSJL, just before you reach Rt. 16, there is a hidden gem on the left called the Sias Farm Garden Center. Wonderful selection and a whole grove of shade-loving plants. Currently everything is 25% off!!!! Fall is a great time for planting :D

Barney Bear
09-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Hi y'all! For those living in southern NH, there is an Ocean State Job Lot store in Derry.

ApS
09-21-2018, 06:13 PM
If heading up to the Ossipee OSJL, just before you reach Rt. 16, there is a hidden gem on the left called the Sias Farm Garden Center. Wonderful selection and a whole grove of shade-loving plants. Currently everything is 25% off!!!! Fall is a great time for planting :D
There's the Sunset Mattress Company on the left—a dirt road leads to the office and "factory". :o

You can watch your mattress being finished—in the sun—while you wait.

I thought so much of the four mattresses we bought in 1956—and still enjoy—I bought one to load in my pickup and drove it to Florida!

One of our renters thought so much of one of our Sunset mattresses, he took it with him! :eek:

8gv
09-21-2018, 08:37 PM
Renters...

It’s not what they take that bugs me. It’s what they leave behind! :eek:

tis
09-22-2018, 05:02 AM
WHAT???? They took a MATTRESS??????

fatlazyless
09-22-2018, 07:26 AM
For $500 the Meredith OSJL had a very nice, bright yellow, stand up paddle boad, big enough to support a 220-lb person standing up, and it took them two summers, '17 & '18, to sell it off. Couldn't sell it over the winter despite $200 offer in crazy cash, OSJL mdse promo or something?

Well ....... this weekend, Sept 21 and 22, the EKAL Activity Center next to the Town Docks Restaurant on Meredith Bay is having a stand up paddle board and kayak sell-off, starting at $200, to unload their large assortment of rental vessels.

Go to craigslist-nh-boats to check it out. For $200, you can get a sup very similar to what OSJL was selling for $500.

Do a search for 'Meredith ekal', two ads with some good photos, from Sept 5 and Sept 14, for a used rental sup or kayak.