PDA

View Full Version : 92 Miata clutch

TriDad
06-03-2017, 10:49 AM
I have a 92 Miata that needs to have the clutch adjusted. I'm not familiar with the garages up here.

Where would you recommend taking it?

[edited] we are in Gilford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbolty
06-03-2017, 11:35 AM
where are you located?

TriDad
06-03-2017, 11:52 AM
That would help... Gilford on Laconia line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH.Solar
06-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Miatas have hydraulically engaged clutches and I don't know if they are are adjustable.
Is your Miata normally stored all winter? If that is the case you may just need to add some brake fluid to your clutch. Open the hood and just in front of the driver's position you will see two translucent reservoirs, the larger is for your brakes and the smaller one for your clutch. Be sure that both are between the low and full marks. I hope that is all it is!

Bob M
06-06-2017, 02:20 AM
TriDad,

Sent you a private message.

Bob M

loony
06-06-2017, 04:59 PM
I own a '95 Miata, and yes they have a hydraulically actuated clutch. The slave cylinder gets leaky and with a lack of fluid can prevent the clutch from fully disengaging. Easy replacement, cost $20-$30. The most difficult part is bleeding air out of the system.
If your clutch is slipping, than that a whole other story.

TriDad
06-07-2017, 02:30 PM
I own a '95 Miata, and yes they have a hydraulically actuated clutch. The slave cylinder gets leaky and with a lack of fluid can prevent the clutch from fully disengaging. Easy replacement, cost $20-$30. The most difficult part is bleeding air out of the system.
If your clutch is slipping, than that a whole other story.

Good diagnosis. It was the slave cylinder. It needed to be replaced.

I brought it to Harmon Motors in Gilford. Great people. They diagnosed it immediately and did the quick repair for a very reasonable price.