View Full Version : New Weirscam

Grant
06-15-2005, 12:47 PM
It's up.

And all I can say is WOW.

Thanks!

GrandmaBig6
06-15-2005, 01:06 PM
The new camera is great. It really gives you the feeling that you are right there on the lake instead of working in NYC.

Thanks to all who contributed, and a big thank you to Don who makes this website work.

Brewer720
06-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Very nice!

DRH
06-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Wow, the image clarity is excellent with the new camera. Now we just need some clear, sunny weather so the camera can really show it's stuff!

webmaster
06-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey, you guys beat me to my Official Announcement. Here it is:

As you've noticed the new WeirsCam camera is now up and running. Although it is a big improvement over the old camera it still needs some adjusting to get the kind of quality it is capable of. I installed it during a day trip last week and didn't have any time to fine-tune the focus and f-stop settings. I also noticed some specks that need to be cleaned. It will take a little while to get the camera and software tweaked for the best results.

Since this camera was 100% funded by contributions from all of you it is really your camera. Thank you for your generosity and I hope you enjoy it.

ces
06-15-2005, 08:43 PM
How very, very nice!

Thanks Don!!!

ces

Rattlesnake Gal
06-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks Don! It looks wonderful!

Even on this rainy day, I feel the pull of needing to be at the lake.
Not much longer now. :D

dpg
06-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Lets check out it's capabilities. Can we get a lovely lady to stand in front of it in a bikini??? :eek: I would but hey, it's too new to go and break. :D

Cal
06-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Well worth the donation , thanks Don :) .

Captain Binary
06-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Cool!

There is a new web cam. :banana:

Great image quality.

SPANKY
06-17-2005, 06:27 AM
thanks don, awesome quality. images could be a bit brighter though, maybe some sunshine would help....lol

webmaster
06-17-2005, 08:03 AM
images could be a bit brighter thoughI need a few days of good weather to adjust the brightness, contrast and color balance. Each of the 8 days since the camera was installed have been hazy, cloudy or rainy. I haven't seen blue sky yet!

As I mentioned earlier, it will take a while to fine-tune the settings and I need to make a return trip (maybe next week) to physically adjust the lens aperture and focus.

Don

Just Sold
06-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Don

The new cam is giving spectacular picture quality even with the cloudy weather. Of course we all cannot wait for some sun to really see the quality. The minor adjustments you talk about can only improve on what we see now.

Many thanks to all of your efforts to get it, install it and get it up and running. Good things are worth the wait!

And many thanks to those you who contributed to the purchase of the new cam.

Pepper
06-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Zambowie! Look how fabulous the clarity and depth are!

CEP
06-20-2005, 10:59 AM
The new webcam is great!! :)

The old webcam that was removed, could it be put up in Center Harbor?
It seems that Center Harbor does not have a webcam and I think the only area not covered in Winnipesaukee. :(

Is there any chance it could be put up there?

Thanks,

CEP

SIKSUKR
06-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Someone would need to host the camera and a location site would need to be found. Whatsay? Any Center Harbor forum members out there want to take that on? Of course that's if Don was willing to part with the equipment. Ultimately, it's his decision and probably is his camera. SS

webmaster
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Someone would need to host the camera and a location site would need to be found. Whatsay? Any Center Harbor forum members out there want to take that on? Of course that's if Don was willing to part with the equipment. Ultimately, it's his decision and probably is his camera. SSAlthough I'd like to find a new home for the old camera it's tough finding a good location. The old camera needs a dedicated computer (new cameras don't need a computer), a dedicated phone line and hopefully a networked high-speed internet connection. Also, all of this has to be available year round. The new location would have to allow me to mount a camera on their roof and run wires, install a dedicated phone line ($50/month), provide power, provide space for the dedicated computer, and be in a great location.

So you can see, it's not that easy. It was a major accomplishment getting the WeirsCAM camera upgraded and there is still work to be done. I'm now looking into a way to provide streaming video from the new camera and possibly upgrading the Anchor Marine CAM to a similar setup. Installing yet another WebCAM on the lake is not on my to-do list right now but if a perfect location became available I would have to consider it.